We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

21 Days

I am 3 weeks away from holding my son again. Today should be a happy day, but it's not. There is a demonic attack on my son happening right now as we speak.

There are about 10 children including my Isaac and another beautiful little girl named Josie, that NEED to come home this month. I have been told to prepare to be in Liberia longer than the 17 days I planned.

I will do anything I need to...I will NOT leave my son in Liberia again. I am staying with him till I get his visa, but this is a huge deal. I am writing a letter to Washington as well as the Liberian consulate in Monrovia, to beg that they allow a special day to get visas for special needs children.
So that is what my day is looking like.

Please pray for my son. The devil is working overtime to hurt him and keep him where he is...But my GOD is an awesome one, and he can sort all this out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart continues to break for all our AoH families that are affected by these decisions made in Liberia. I am praying for you and that things will go smoothly and that this woman issuing visas will understand that she can be instrumental in helping these children get home (and get the medical attention they need, as in your case). Stay strong!

Also, do you know if the orphanage has to have Pedialyte in powdered form, or will Gatorade work?

Just A Family said...

I just wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your boy!!
We serve a BIG God and I know that none of this surprises him.He will make your way smooth.
You inspire many, and I know your leadership will continue to make changes.
much love,
Robin

Jocelyn said...

kami,

Gatorade is okay for the older children, but the little guys need the pedialyte...

Thanks for asking!!!

J

Anonymous said...

Praying as you compose the letter! I keep trying to remind myself that this is no suprise to God...that he already knows how it will turn out. Love, Denise

Anonymous said...

As a new AoH family ourselves, this also breaks our heart. These children need to come home to their parents and have a family to love and care for them.

Kim said...

Make sure you contact your Senators and US Representatives. They may be able to help - or at least put some pressure.

Angel said...

I am praying, praying, praying! I know that God has where you are when you are there for a reason. God is going to do amazing things. I can't wait to see it. Angel

Krystal said...

I am praying that getting Isaac's passport is no obstacle to you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm Maya's grandfather here in Oregon, we went through this visa thing with her as well. There was a doofus at the embassy at the time who took it upon himself to play god and delayed her getting a visa to get here. Issac will get his visa but it will try your patience and will in the meantime. Don't give up!!