
Okay so today we had some fun breakthroughs. As Isaac was running out the door to play he yelled over his shoulder "I love you Mommy!" Then ran away as if it had never happened. I'll take it. An "I love you Mommy" is an "I love you Mommy" no matter when or how it's said!


I love his attitude. If he isn't smiling so much you would think his face will freeze that way, he is throwing me these looks of attitude then breaking up into laughter. This picture barely made it before he started to laugh out loud!
So I love this kid. He is so good at entertaining himself, and loves to cuddle with me on the bed while we watch a movie. He is so affectionate, and sweet. He is very much a boy (see farting issues above). I taught him the song...
"day-o, day-o...daylight come and me want to go home" He has been singing it over and over again. It is so funny. "Isaac where is home?" "Home is in America!"
I also found out that Isaac is from two tribes his father is "Bassa" the Bassa tribe are know to be "lovers" they are known to really "love" their woman and have a lot of kids!
His mother is "Kpelle" the kpelle tribe are known as the "stupid people" because they will not fight. They will do anything not to fight. During the war they had problems, because they would not take a side and would NOT fight. The Kpelle tribe is also know to be very very loyal people. They are very hard workers and very honest people. That explains a lot about Isaac. He is such a little lover and is fiercely loyal. Both tribes he comes from are peace loving people.
So that's my boy! The lover not the hater!



13 comments:
That is so awesome!! I love the running around in his underwear, now you know you're his Mama!
Congrats again, Brandi and Jess
Aries is Kpelle too! Match made in heaven...!!! I had no idea about all of those specifics...that is so neat!!!!
Thanks for all of the cute pictures and I can't wait to hear how things go tomorrow!!
Thinking of you guys,
Charity
Jocelyn,
Usually you're so good, but you got the post title all wrong this time... It should be "The Many Faces of Isaac" or "Man, He Looks Good in Orange!" :0) Seriously, it is amazingly fun to read all the details of your journey. I'll never be able to thank you enough for sharing like this! LOVE it!
Love,
Jamie Z. :0)
I love it. I am so happy for you, there, I said it yet again and I'll probably say it on every one of your posts now. Oh, I love that kid and I can't wait to meet him!!!!
Prayin for you!
-Katy
What a blessing, what a treat to "go" with you on this journey!
Just an FYI...little girls who hang out with their daddies too much have the same "pooting" issues with just as much laughter!
TOOOOO CUUUTE!!!
The AOH new grounds look awesome, can't waite to see it come together over the next few years!
Know we are praying!
SOOOOO CUTE! You two are a perfect match. I know with all my heart that YOU are Isaac's perfect mommy. I love all the new pictures!! :0) Angel
How cute... He looks so happy...LOVE the farting story... my 5 year old thinks is fun too!!! Ya gotta love them!!!
Jocelyn,
Thanks again for the updates and photos. I'm looking forward to hearing Isaac's "American" stories soon. Best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.
Love,
Lori
Love it Jocelyn!! Thanks for posting for all of us back home who are dying to hear from Liberia!!
Love,
Darbi
SO BOY!!! Totally! He's gorgeous as well! LOVE the shades and the earphones! How awesome. You're a world away, but sharing this journey with us!! Thank you !!! WE lvoe you, Denise
That is great!!!
It is so fun seeing updates and pictures of Isaac. He sure is blessed to have such a loving mama! I can't wait until we're where you are!
I'm so glad things are working out perfectly for you two...Now hurry up and get him home!!
Post a Comment