We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Visa Please!

Okay so I am so pleased to announce that Isaac received his IR3 visa this morning and will upon entering the United States Via JFK Airport on September 10, 2007 be a US Citizen. The new consular had met Isaac before and she just loves him. He was dancing around in her office and gave her a big kiss, he was golden.

I wanted to change our tickets for us to come home a few days early, but all the flights are booked, so we have to wait until our original flight on the 9th. This was the look Isaac gave me when I told him we couldn't go to America early and had to wait our turn.

He is so cute. He is loosing all his teeth. I love it when he gives me these looks, it's like he's saying "who me?"

Isaac with his foster mom Sydnee. We went to the Golden Beach restaurant for dinner and Sydnee went with us. Isaac loves this woman so much!

Again, I couldn't help but post this photo. He is about to loose another tooth. Isaac being 7 is very very late in losing his teeth. Most Liberian children loose their teeth around age 4. He also just got a hair cut at the Orphanage yesterday. He looks so handsome.

For a child who has a lung capacity of about 50-60% he can blow up a balloon with the rest of them. He has to sit down after he is done, but he can do it!

Isaac on the beach at night taunting the waves, to come and get him.

This was after he did a nose dive into the water when a wave knocked him down. He was not happy at first but this was after we let him go crazy with his shirt off. My son likes to go naked. I am always telling him to stop running around in his knickers. He is such a boy it isn't even funny.

Uncle Frank, Isaac will be raised a Red Sox baseball fan. I am okay with him being an Eagles Football fan (because I don't care about football), but I must put down my foot and use my parental right and say it's Red Sox or nothing!


So this is Isaac in his Fine African Suit. He was so excited to get all dressed up for the embassy appointment today. Sorry I didn't blog yesterday I was just way too tired. I spent all last night on the floor of the bathroom throwing up. I wasn't "sick" I would just lay down and feel like I needed to throw up and I did that like 8 times. It wasn't pretty. I think it was a mental thing, not a sickness thing.
So today I wasn't eating much, but all is well in the world again. Tomorrow I am suppose to go to "the Farm" with Patty. It's about 3.5 hours in the bush and is a 10,000 acres farm that they are hoping to help spread across the country. We are going up to shoot some footage for the documentary.
So hopefully tomorrow night I will have some cool photos and info to post.

13 comments:

Tama said...

Hope you are feeling better! My friend who adopted from China said the Customs officer told her it was when those airplane wheels first touch down on American soil that he will become a citizen!!! So take a picture of that moment on the plane at touch down at JFK!!!! WOOOO HOOOO Cant wait to see it! Or get someone to take a picture of the both of you at that moment, tears and all!
Try to enjoy the rest of your time there. We will be praying!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! Congratulations. What an awesome moment it must have been when they gave you Isaac's visa. God is so good!! Enjoy the rest of your time in Africa. Thanks for sharing your journey.
God Bless You Both,
Melissa Arnold (new AOH family)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for the two of you. Our God truly is an amazing God.

Lori said...

Jocelyn,
It is so good to read your posts. You and Isaac look so happy together. He looks so handsome all dressed up. Sorry that you have to wait a little longer before you can come home. I know that God will use your time there well.

Praying for you,
Lori

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,
That pic of Isaac taunting the waves is so cool! Sorry you won't get to leave early... but at least you're not having to stay extra long! I'm sure you're exhausted on every level, but take it from someone on this side of the pond--try really hard to soak up this once in a lifetime experience while you're there, okay? :0) And KEEP BLOGGING! (I guess I can forgive you for not posting yesterday, but I don't know about forgiving you twice... I'm kdding! ;0) )
Love ya,
Jamie Z. :0)

Brandi said...

Praise the Lord!!! I love all of the pictures! Literally, you could post every picture that you take and we would just stare at picture after picture!! We love them! Can't wait for Isaac to become a true American Citizen! Are you guys still coming here?

Love you both!
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Does Isaac know the Tooth Fairy? Maybe that's the fairy wings he had on!!!

He needs some back money for those teeth unless Sidnee has already paid up! Love ,Denise

hazel said...

Hi Jocelyn, I came across your blog today and just had to say hello to you and Isaac. I hope everything is going well for you both and I wish you a safe trip home. I look forward to seeing Isaac home with you and I pray everything goes well for him.

All the best.
Hazel

Farrah said...

Great news about his Visa....
Sorry to hear you were throwing up all night...That suck.

A Family said...

Congratulations on the visa!

Christine

Frank said...

Jocelyn,
Your parental rights are being respected since you got the NFL team in perspective.
Alright then, you have to have his great-grandfather start his schooling on the HDTV the first Sunday you are back home. Have fun over there. It will only be 10 more days. We can't wait.
Love
Uncle Frank and Aunt Iveta

Dena said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip - the plane ride home will be AWESOME - I adopted my daughter from Guatemala as a single mom and it's been an amazing journey - I told my parents at 10 I wanted to adopt from China but God had another place for me! I can't wait until he gets HOME!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Isaac!!!