We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, August 24, 2007

so we got here!

We got here safe and sound. Isaac is sleeping in our room. We are staying at the guest house for a few days while Isaac gets situated, then we will be moving to the office. Isaac was so cute when I picked him up. He laughed and smiled! He gave me a huge hug. It wasn't weird or awkward at all.

He is so excited to be back with me. I was afraid he would have a hard transition, but he didn't. I haven't actually taken any photos yet, but I will tomorrow and post them for you all!

Sorry this is so short, but Internet is slow, and I'm tired. So more tomorrow!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got there safely!

I am sooooo HAPPY you two are finally together....ENJOY!

International Mommy said...

Thanks for the update!!! I visited your blog so many times today it is embarassing-don't you dare go look either :)

Can't wait to hear more and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!!

Love,
Charity

Dale said...

I think Charity and I can be equally embarassed at the number of visits we've made today :) I knew you'd come through with some tidbit of info for all of us who long to be the one in Africa! I'm very happy to hear all went well with Isaac. Kim

Pam said...

Happy to hear that you made it and are safely with your beautiful boy!

Julie Shaw said...

You are already back???? W0W FAST TRIP!!!

Jamie said...

Yay! You've been re-united!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy every minute of it!
Love,
Jamie :0)

Angel said...

YAY! Thanks for letting us know you got there safe and sound. I must confess I have been blog stalking a little!! :0) I am just SO HAPPY for you and for little Isaac. It is such a wonderful thing to know that he can finally feel safe. Both of your lives have just changed in amazing ways. Tonight you are officially a mommy. Welcome to the club mamma Jocelyn. I have no doubt that you will be AMAZING. :0) Hugs, Angel

Frank said...

Hey favored Niece.
Iveta wondered if you needed a place of your own for the week of 15-22. We plan on staying at your place on the west coast. We have two bedrooms and internet access. You may need a break from some family and a close walk to grandpop.
Love
Uncle Frank

S and K said...

I am crying I am so happy... just picturing Isaac's face when he saw you! Oh, I can't wait!
Love ya,
Katy

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! I can almost see his face smashed against the front window watching for you!! Not sure if they have a front window, but he was watching and ready!!!

Have a wonderful time!!!! Love, Denise

Soltana said...

YAY So glad you made it...I can't wait to see new pics of this cutie guy!!!

The Pasquinelli Family said...

Doesn't it feel great to finally hold him in your arms?!?!?!!? I am SO happy for you!!! Congratulations...enjoy your son!

Hugs,
Heather

~tmc~ said...

So happy for you and Isaac!

emily said...

Praise the Lord!! So glad you are there!