We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, August 6, 2007

16 Days


So I hurt my hand. I'm hoping it's just a deep bruise, and not broken. Darn that softball. I can't get it looked at this week, because then the doc might say that I can't play this Sunday...and it's my last game with this team, so that's not going to happen and then I leave, so that is that. God heal my hand, because I'm being stupid and not taking care of it!

So I got a call from Donna this morning. Eric is submitting for Isaac's visa on Thursday and he is on schedule to come home on time!!! Praise GOD. It also looks like I will be escorting a beautiful little girl home to her parents.
So I'm super excited...

11 comments:

The H Land said...

So much great news Jocelyn. Okay, so your hand hurting is not great, but I am happy that you enjoyed your game. Even better is that Isaac is scheduled to come home on time. Wonderful. The only thing that could make this more of a perfect post is to hear that you raised the rest of the money you need. I am sure that will happen over the next few days though!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had an awesome SUnday!!! Not too many more Sundays without Isaac!!! Yea!!!
Praise the Lord for the visa news!!

Lvoe, Denise

Angel said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!! THIS IS AWESOME STUFF! YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!

I think it will probably make Isaac feel more secure getting on the plane with a buddy too. What an honor to get to do that for someone. :0)

ALL GREAT NEWS!

Ummmm well except for your hand that is. You know you can get the doc to look at it and still decide to play. You're gonna be bummed if you get to Liberia and THEN figure out you have a broken hand. :0(

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF SILLY! Hee hee. Trust me on this... carrying luggage and kids through the airport is a whole new ball game. I sure don't want you to try that coming all the way from Africa WITH a broken hand. YIKES!!

Hugs to you blogger buddy. :0) Angel

Julie Redman said...

great news Jocelyn! 16 days, yay! can't wait to meet Isaac.
julie

International Mommy said...

Jocelyn~

I am so touched by your idea for a grant fund for special needs kids..what a perfect idea.

We have a special place in our heart for all of those kiddos(especially one little guy) and nothing would make my heart happier than to see them ALL find homes.

Financing is a such big deal and hopefully that would make things ALOT easier for the families that have money as an obstacle.(especially with fees going up!!)

Anyway,
Hope your hand feels better-but I have a feeling that no broken hand would slow you down!

Love,
Charity

Farrah said...

IT will so be here before you know it. And to be able to escort someone's child home to them HOW wonderful...

Have your hand looked at.

Anonymous said...

As your resident massage therapist- ice your hand like crazy, get some arnica gel at your local whole foods- it's cooling, soothing and will ease the pain w/ masking it... and ice your hand some more. Rest your hand by ace bandaging it around a tennis ball intermittenly when it feels tired and weak then do some gentle mobilizations of the joints of your hand and ..oh yeah... ICE it! I broke 2 knuckles in September - as a massage therapist it is the most nerve wracking thing. It is now back to normal. YIPPY!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say the arnica gel will ease the pain w/o masking it. (When it's not totally masked you can take care of it better and adjust your treatment of your hand. You can figure out what doesn't hurt and use that as your strong technique when you go to play this weekend.)

Brandi said...

oh yeah. . .we got an appointment. . .read that as a song / rap!

Love you,
Brandi

Soltana said...

Sorry your hand is hurt... YAY for your little man coming home...and on time!!!

S and K said...

I can't believe no one commented on how absolutely adorable your man is!
Love,
Katy

Oh, and congrats, congrats, congrats on only 16 days!