We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

13 Days


So this morning has started with a bang! I got to work 3 hours early (6 am people, and remember I am NOT a morning person), so I could go home 3 hours early to get some stuff done, and I got to call into another radio station and talk about Isaac.
I also gave the visa situation in Liberia a bit of spot light. Maybe someone in power heard it, and will do something about it!
Either way, I am happy to announce, that they have received Isaac's actual Liberian passport yesterday, that is the last thing they needed to get started on his visa. They are applying for his "pre-visa interview" today, (I should know more later) and getting him started with that.
God willing we will be ready for our visa appointment by Sept 6th! This would allow Isaac and I to come home on time. But lets just say I've packed for a slightly longer trip ;) I've said it before and I'll say it again.
I will NOT come home without my son! I know that God has everything under control, and has a plan, so I'm going with that. He hasn't let us down yet, I don't think he is going to start anytime soon.
So hopefully tomorrow I'll have an update for you all on the visa situation.
Pray for Patty Anglin as she prepares to meet with the new visa lady on Friday and pleads on behalf of our children in Liberia. Also pray for Eric (Liberian director) as he and Charles submit for many much needed visas!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can hardly wait to see pictures of you with your sweet boy. Glad your hand is feeling better. Very glad to hear your grandfather is going home soon. I love reading your story. Safe travels. I'll be praying.
BTW We were waiting for passport to get issued before we could travel to India and the passport office caught on fire!! I could only laugh. We left anyway and decide to figure it out in India.:o)

International Mommy said...

Jocelyn~

Yay for the passport!! I will be sending the package in about 2hrs...

Love,
Charity

Angel said...

WOOOOOHHHOOOOOO! It keeps raining blessings. AWESOME! I am PRAYING for these children in Liberia. So cool that you got to share your story. Angel

PS I AM SOOOO PUMPED TO GET TO GO TO AFRICA! YIPPPEEE!