So I had to come up with a system to get Isaac to go to sleep. If he's good and brushes his teeth and lets me read him a book without complaining, he is allowed to listen to his MP3 player while he falls asleep.
This is what "African" white woman hair looks like after you get out of the shower...Not so pretty.
His mouth is huge!
Okay so this morning, Isaac woke me up at around 6 AM just to say, "Mommy, we have church today!" The boy loves church. He loves to get up and get dressed for church, he loves to sing and dance at church. He LOVES church.
Isaac in his "fine" American clothes. He was so excited to put on a neck tie. He was showing it off to everyone at the church.
I have to say that being a mom is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Isaac and I have this weird God given connection that could come from NO where else. I look forward to waking up in the morning to see what the day holds.I have to say the search for a "white pa" is on. Isaac keeps asking me if I will be finding him a pa soon. Which I have to admit makes me laugh. He warms up to men really fast, and loves to goof off with them. Which I have to admit surprises me, since he didn't have a dad at home.
So all you blog stalker (yes I spelled it right) if you know a single, handsome, God-fearing, African child loving, good man...hook a sister up! My son is begging you!
But things are going great. He is super excited to come to America and take a warm bath...he told me today that he doesn't want to take cold showers anymore! He is really funny and says the weirdest things at the most odd moments!
Today I got an "I love you mommy!" He was running out the door to play football, and he yelled it over his shoulder. I just about melted. This kid had me at hello!
16 comments:
He had me at "I let you sleep mommy!" Hee hee... He is so cute in his tie. He looks so proud. Girl I really don't think I know a guy worthy of you. It's gonna have to be someone super awesome. I'll keep my eyes open though!!!
Wow. What a blessing this little boy is. You can see the joy of the Lord in his eyes. Thank you for posting about this journey. You have no idea how much you and Isaac have blessed me thus far. I see the makings of a true preacher of the gospel to impact the world with signs, miracles and wonders. And his beloved mother as His earthly inspiration.
Love,
Tina
No way!He looks soooo cute!! So handsome!! J- you are blessed! I know you know it!!
Hmm...Papa for Isaac. Are you sure you want the AOH prayer girls to start? You know what happens when our group prays!!! Say the word!! We're in!
Love, Denise (By the way, I love your necklace!!)
How handsome is he!! I love little guys their ties...SO CUTE!!!
LOVE the pictures-love them!!! My future son in law is SOOOO handsome.
I think that Denise and I (SC & NC) are going to get together for a daily prayer to find a gorgeous East-coast Papa for Issac!!
Can't get over that tie...where did you get that? Barneys???
Have fun!!!
Love,
Charity
I love that he already loves things like an mp3 player, he is to cute. You make such a wonderful Mom, you're just glowing in all the pictures and Issac just has a peace about him!
God does answer prayers!
Jocelyn,
Might I just say that I CAN NOT WAIT to meet that boy! I think he and Isaiah will have a great time dancing away! He looks "so fine" in his church clothes too!
Faith
I LOVE the image of him showing off his tie to everyone at church. How VERY fun!! Hmmm... Maybe if I can drum up a Papa on the WEST Coast, we can keep you out here... :0)
Love,
Jamie :0)
So cute, so proud and so happy! Yep, Mommyhood is an amazing thing isn't it?
We have been praying and will keep it up especially a "white papa"! (Does he have to be white?) I guess we better not blow his little mind on those issues too soon! But we will pray for whatever the Lord has for you and him!
God bless the rest of your time there!
Jocelyn, it's all so, so very beautiful. We are enjoying watching your journey.
Ahhh, he called you mommy! Sooo happy I can't control my teary eyes. I wish I was there!
We're working on the white pa!
Love,
Katy
So happy for both of you! I love the pictures of him in his tie!
Suzanne
Makes me cry! How cute is he in his Sunday best?
oga
Ooohhhh Jocelyn I just cry reading the testimony of Isaac's adoption. It is amazing how God has orchestrated the two of you to be together as mother and son. He sure looks like one happy big boy;)
Jocelyn, hurry up and post again!!!!
Love,
Katy
Okay, I am in tears. This is the most amazing story ever, I am so touched! I came upon your blog on Melissa's blog and just had to peak.....I was hooked right away. You are an amazing woman, so truly amazing! I too am adopting as a single in Kazakhstan and admire your love for this little man. He seems to be such a spirited boy that would brighten so many lives. I am seriously touched! I wish the two of you many amazing experiences and a wonderful family journey. This has only re-opened my eyes and heart to adopting in Africa then next time around. You are amazing!
My blog is: www.acrossoceans-thestoryofmydaughter.blogspot.com
Thank you for sharing your blog,
Christy
Post a Comment