We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

22 Days

So last night I had a dream. I was sitting at a big table which was covered with this huge feast. I was sitting there alone. I felt this intense sadness as I realized there was all this food and no one to share it with.

I lowered my head and began to thank God for the meal. I said, "My heavenly father, I just wanted to thank you for all the blessing you have bestowed upon my life. I just wish I had people to share them with. Bless those that have blessed me. In Jesus name..." and I was cut off, by a voice I know all too well. Isaac yelled, "AMEN". I opened my eyes and Isaac was sitting next to me at the table in a chair that once was empty. I looked around the table and it was full and overflowing with friends all laughing and fellowshiping together around this amazing meal.

I began to cry. My son had brought all these people together. It was his "AMEN," his life that brought the most amazing people into mine.

When I woke up I began to think about all the amazing friends that I have made in the last 5 months, all because of my son. I would not know any of you if it wasn't for him. I would not be so blessed if it wasn't for him.

So I just wanted to yell, "AMEN" to all of you that have become my dearest friends and supporters. My life would be very different right now if it wasn't for all of you.

Also I just was told by Donna that Isaac and I are effected by the change in visa policy in Liberia. AoH can't guarantee that Isaac's visa will be issued in time for us to leave Liberia on Sept. 9th. Could you all please pray that Isaac can have his appointment set up before I even get there, so that we can take care of it right away, so that we can leave on time. Isaac has doctor appointments in NY that we can't miss.

If the devil is dumb enough to try and keep Isaac and I in Liberia for even 1 day longer than intended, I will drop kick his butt, back to hell.

So please pray that this is dealt with so that we don't have to change our travel plans.

10 comments:

Angel said...

WOOOOHOOOO! I LOVE watching that thermometer RISE AND RISE! Keep it coming people. God always provides a way for us to obey Him.

OH THAT DREAM! That is amazing. Got me choked up. It's exactly how I feel. Can I borrow that? Angel

Anonymous said...

I made donation. It's very small, but it's all I can give right now. I hope it helps.

I can't wait to see photos of you and Issac together in the US =)

Brandi said...

I have goosebumps all over. What a sweet dream straight from the Lord! How the Lord has blessed you on this journey of obedience!!! Thankfully, He's blessed us too, with you!

Glad to call you my friend,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

PLEASE DON'T WORRY!

ISAAC WILL BE HOME ON TIME!

MANY PEOPLE ARE PRAYING!

BLESSINGS!

S and K said...

I laughed, I cried, it moved me.
So you had me crying at the beginning, laughing toward the end and then breaking out with a stomp, stomp, clap while chanting, "She will, she will, rock you!"
Praying, praying, praying! All in faith!
Love,
Katy

Anonymous said...

jocelyn, i am praying for you and isaac every time i say a prayer for josie's visa.....we will get them home.

Jamie said...

Hee hee. The "drop kick" comment truly had me laughing out loud! You're hilarious. :0)
-Jamie

International Mommy said...

-You are so funny-
I am so glad to have met you.
They say that you burn alot of calories from laughter ;)you know.....

I have faith that everything will work out, no matter if things get changed a bit or not- you and YOUR SON will be together SOON!!! Oh what a sweet moment that will be!!

Praying for this Visa lady-

Love,
Charity

A Family said...

I will keep you and Isaac in my prayers for a visa appointment! I can't imagine any one stopping you!

Christine

Tasha Kent said...

You are an inspiration to everyone! I'm so happy to have found your blog!