Me and my Baby...got to love the lips
Me waiting at DCA airport to leave for JFK
Me as we got ready to land in LiberiaSo a little more on last night!
Okay, so the flight to Liberia was a breeze. We even got here 40 minutes early, but getting 7 people’s luggage, not so easy. They ran out of carts so we had to wait a little bit to get the luggage out to the car. Then Patty showed up and we didn’t have to go through customs. It was beautiful.
We arrived at the guest house at about 8pm. We unloaded the luggage, got our rooms, and Donna, and I got back into the car and drove down the street to Isaac. He was ready and waiting. He was so excited. I was so afraid it would be awkward when he first saw me, but it wasn’t at all. He hugged me, and then began to show off in true Isaac fashion.
I asked him if he was ready to go to the guest house, and he said yes. He grabbed his shoes, and was ready to go. NO looking back. It really blessed my heart. I have to admit, it doesn’t feel like I ever left. I feel like I have known him from his first breathe on earth.
I feel like I have been there for every tear and every moment of laughter. I feel like he has always been mine.
I also feel like this all isn’t real yet. I have a feeling it will be a long time before it feels real. Isaac is my first, and there is a lot of unknowns. But everything feels so familiar and yet very new. Does that make sense? Probably not!
Well it is after midnight and I need to go to bed. So I’ll try and post some photos tomorrow. Thank you all for your prayers. They have worked I am sitting next to my beautiful sleeping son. What could be better than that?
Okay, so the flight to Liberia was a breeze. We even got here 40 minutes early, but getting 7 people’s luggage, not so easy. They ran out of carts so we had to wait a little bit to get the luggage out to the car. Then Patty showed up and we didn’t have to go through customs. It was beautiful.
We arrived at the guest house at about 8pm. We unloaded the luggage, got our rooms, and Donna, and I got back into the car and drove down the street to Isaac. He was ready and waiting. He was so excited. I was so afraid it would be awkward when he first saw me, but it wasn’t at all. He hugged me, and then began to show off in true Isaac fashion.
I asked him if he was ready to go to the guest house, and he said yes. He grabbed his shoes, and was ready to go. NO looking back. It really blessed my heart. I have to admit, it doesn’t feel like I ever left. I feel like I have known him from his first breathe on earth.
I feel like I have been there for every tear and every moment of laughter. I feel like he has always been mine.
I also feel like this all isn’t real yet. I have a feeling it will be a long time before it feels real. Isaac is my first, and there is a lot of unknowns. But everything feels so familiar and yet very new. Does that make sense? Probably not!
Well it is after midnight and I need to go to bed. So I’ll try and post some photos tomorrow. Thank you all for your prayers. They have worked I am sitting next to my beautiful sleeping son. What could be better than that?

So TODAY!
Alright so today Isaac and I hung out alone at the guest house while the other guests went shopping. It was an eye opening experience. I have to admit, I have one of the funniest children on the face of the planet. He spent so much time, dancing, and singing, and telling jokes.
I am also amazed at how well he can keep himself occupied. At one point I fell asleep while he was playing. When I woke up suddenly realizing what had just happened, he was sitting there listening to his headphones, coloring, and singing to himself. He looked up and smiled, and said “mommy, you fall asleep, so I let you sleep.”

Now come one people, how great is that!
So here are some photos I hope that you enjoy. More to come tomorrow!

14 comments:
Yay!!! Boy do you have a CUTE KID!!! He is gorgeous. I never get tired of looking at that face! :)
And I love reading about his personality. He's got a lot of it! :)
Thank you for letting us in on your life. It's so exciting!
- Amy
You are a MAMA!!! I can't believe it's already here! He is so stinkin' cute and I can't wait to see more of him. Next time, I think he should dictate a post for you! Tell him we love him!
Brandi
Congratulations and welcome to motherhood!!! You are going to have so much fun learning together. He is such a happy boy. Life should never be dull when he is around. Enjoy every minute. He is such a precious gift from God. Thanks for sharing your story. It is so amazing what God has done to bring the two of you together.
God Bless You Both,
Melissa Arnold (new AOH family)
How exciting!! You are finally reunited with your son. He's so cute. I'm reading your post and smiling back at my computer as I stare at his adoring "toothless" grin. Thanks for posting and sharing all of yur amazing pictures. I can't wait to see what is next!! Have fun with Isaac!
Love,
Lori
Oh yeah, definitely have him dicate a post! I love to read things that kids dicatate, and you KNOW Isaac's will be hilarious!!!
We were all just around the pooter laughing at him! I love that he let you sleep-you are one Lucky MAMA!!! Did you let your mom sleep?Hmm? HAHA!
He is gorgeous, and so are you!!! Post more!! Post more!!!!!
Love, Denise
AWWW...THOSE PICTURES WARM MY HEART!
BLESSINGS!
Congratulations on becoming a mommy and your gorgeous son. I love the lips...that was one of the first things I commented on about my son...big puffy, kissable lips.
Christina
He is beautiful and I am SO unbelievably happy for you Jocelyn!!!
You are going to make a marvelous Ma!!
Love,
Charity
YAY welcome to mommy world!!! He is tooo darn cute!!! Isn't he jsut too sweet to let his momma take a nap!!! Can't wait to see more pics!!
This just warms my heart beyond description. LOVE the photos, LOVE that he let you sleep while he kept playing--not fair, by the way! LOVE it ALL! Can't wait for the next installment!!
Love,
Jamie :0)
Yay! Isaac with his Mama!!!!!!
Hello Isaac! You lost all your teeth gone:) I will see you soon in America!Say Hi to Nyenpu(Nyenna) and Titus for me!!
Bye Bye~
Kojo
Congratulations on finally being reunited with your precious son. I can't imagine how hard that was to leave him behind the first time. Praying that all goes smoothly and that you will be home before you know it!
Hugs
Pam
Momma to Micah from India- who NEVER lets his momma sleep! ;o)
Jocelyn,
So happy to hear that you arrived safely and that you have Isaac with you and things are going so well. When you write about your love for him and your feelings about being his mother, it fills my heart. You are an amazing woman and Isaac is so blessed to have you as I am sure you too will be blessed by him.
OHHHHH YAY! He is so SWEET! I am in love already. What a charmer. Angel
Post a Comment