We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Stuck in Brussels

Hey all...so I'm stuck in Brussels until Friday morning. My flight from JFK was super delayed for many reasons...

1. A bird hit the plane and we had to switch planes.

2. A man ran off the flight and kind of freaked everyone out! So they had to find and remove his luggage before we could take off.

3. Because we were delayed due to 1 & 2 they knew we would not make the connection to Liberia, so they had to have all the Liberians on the flight get off because they didn't have visas to spend the night in Brussels (like us spoiled Americans) so they then had to find and remove all their luggage as well!

4. We finally pulled back from the gate right in time to be 2 miles from the runway and about 50 or 60 planes back in line which meant we sat on the runway for about 3 hours!

So at about midnight we took off from JFK when we were supposed to have taken off at 6PM! They made some serious time heading to Brussels, but we still arrived 2 hours after my flight to Liberia was supposed to leave.

When I got off the flight, I found out that in fact the flight to Liberia had been cancelled and everyone was stuck in Brussels till Friday! So I got my luggage and headed across the street to the Sheraton Hotel. They hooked me up with a 359 Euro a night room and meal vouchers. Thank you very much American Airlines!!!! So I'm living the good life for the next 36 hours.

So that is it for now...I'll post photos of my room, so you can all see the phone next to the toilet. Yes it is the little things that make me happy!!!!

Updates to come...

Love the soon, but not yet Mama,

Jocelyn

7 comments:

Angel said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a wild ride. You have been on my mind. I know right now all you want to do is be in Lieria. SO SORRY!!!! I know I would have a hard time with this one. You know what... even the delays are in the plan. So I think it's awesome that you are soakin in some nice hotel time. Plus how often do you get a free trip to Brussells??? Think of it as an awesome last trip as a single free woman. Hee hee :0) Good thing you are going early. I hope you can manage to enjoy it a little. Hugs, Angel

Sintari said...

Bummer... I hope you're able to enjoy yourself, rest and relax before Liberia!

Soltana said...

Oh man... thats awful!!! I cant wait to see the phone!! Hope to see pics of the momma and her son soon!!! Have a safe rest of your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are making the best of the situation. Enjoy your stay at the hotel, I'm sure you would rather be in Liberia with Isaac but soon the two of you will be together forever.

A Family said...

What a pain! Enjoy your time in Brussels and wishing you the best on leaving on time on Friday. Can't wait to hear your updates when you see Isaac!

Christine Alward

Anonymous said...

yes, enjoy your stop-over in Brussels........though, I know you're anxious to see your special boy. Thinking of you.
Megan

Dale said...

I enjoy how you maintain a positive attitude through the unexpected! I pray from here on out things go smoother. I, too, can't wait to see the pictures of you with Isaac! Thanks again for being such a great blogger and letting all of us go on this journey with you!!
P.S. I hope I'm not violating any privacy issues by asking you this, but have you seen Julie Redman? I have been praying for her safety, time in Liberia, the meeting of the man they sponsor, etc. If you are able to tell me anything, all I want to know is that she made it safely thus far. Please know that I am holding you and Donna and Julie up daily in prayer while you are all away. Much love, Kim