Okay so I have to admit that I am happy in the end that this little layover in Brussels happened. I have been able to sleep, which is good. I will be able to arrive in Liberia tomorrow fresh and relaxed!
Some of the other parents that are all headed to Liberia with us went to Paris today. They had to leave at 6am and will get back later tonight. I decided to stay in Brussels with Donna, to catch up on some much needed sleep and just relax.
I would love to go to Paris, but I want to go to Europe with Isaac in April to visit my sister in Berlin. She is a Fulbright Scholar and is finishing her Masters in Germany. I would love to travel with her for a few weeks, and go all over with Isaac. It would be a good way to show him the world.
I'm more of a hostel kind of girl rather than hotels. I don't see the point in paying hundreds of dollars/night for a room when you can bunk with people, get to know them, and do it for almost nothing.
So Liesel this April, you, me, and Isaac backpacking in Europe! Who would have thought a little boy with a curved back would be "backpacking" through Europe one day! It is amazing where God takes us in life.
10 comments:
I'm so glad you're getting the opportunity to be refreshed when you arrive in Liberia. Just wanted to extend an invitation to stay with us in Ireland, if you make it there on your European travels, next Spring.
Erin F. (Clarise's (caustic kid) mom)
how precious to think of you guys backpacking around.
I'm a hostel girl myself. Though it's kind of wierd now that I'm married. :)
Jocelyn,
Sooo glad to hear you're rested and ready for Isaac! We've got you covered in prayer, girlfriend!! Waiting on the edge of my seat to read your next few posts!!!!!!
Love,
Jamie :0)
Jocelyn,
I am the sister of Adam and Steffany Boster. They just lost their baby Marion who they were trying to adopt through Addy's Hope. They have a link to your blog on their blog and I visited it for the first time last night. Thank you for letting me experience just a peep of y'alls joy through the video of Isaac! I've watched it over and over again already.
I want you to know that I am praying for you and Isaac. God has touched my heart with your story.
Thanks for your steadfast heart and giant faith.
Sleep and some waffles!!! How many more hours?? Did you and Donna buy the bon bon yet? Love, Denise
How much overweight was Donna's luggage? Glad you got some sleep!!
Love,
Chrity
Glad you got to rest!!! I can t wait to see backpacking pics!!!!have a safe trip!!!
Just saw your little guy today with the S. family! Since I've been following your blog I kinda suspected that he might be there. We had to stop by their house to pick up our director's kids who spend the day there and sure enough out came Issac with Jared. They pretended to push the car out of the drive way. We asked out the window "Issac, when is your ma coming?" Tomorrow, tomorrow he replied! (I had been off-line and had not known your exact arrival date or that you had plane problems!)
So happy for you and for Issac!
The peace of the Lord be with you!
Mmmm, waffles and backpacking across Europe... really FUN stuff.
Praying for you all... can't wait for tomorrow!
Love,
Katy
Thinking of you!!!! I hope you are on your way again. :0) Angel
Post a Comment