So I wanted to share this with you all. I didn't think I was going to get an orphan report since I already met Isaac...but this report is so funny. So much of this I had no idea about till now!
His smile marks his happy spirit and his full lips are clue to the amazing faces Isaac can make. Isaac is silly and loves to make people laugh by making funny faces, cracking jokes (Witty comments, really), and crawling around like a crab.
Isaac is outgoing, funny, and very physical. He thrives on physical touch and initiates hugs frequently throughout the day. Isaac is so aggressive in this area that he has needed lessons on "hug etiquette".
Isaac has bonded well to his foster family but still understands that his mother is the lady who visited him a few months ago. He is thrilled every time he gets a package from Mama and has faithfully preserved all his Whooly Willys.
Isaac has enjoyed the many things that come with living in foster care. Going to church and participating in Sunday school is a highlight of Isaac's week. Towards the weekend Isaac asks if Sunday is coming soon. He knows his days of the week and this is helpful in explaining time to him. On Sunday Isaac takes time to dress in his "church" clothes (long pants, collared shirt, sneakers). He loves clothes so this is an exciting part of his day. Isaac especially loves jackets and can often be found wearing a huge life vest as he thinks it's a jacket.
Isaac opens up well and asks anything that is on his mind. He also responds well to counsel when he's misbehaved. Isaac sometimes has trouble understanding people but is not shy to say "huh?" so you'll repeat yourself. He actually says this a lot, and I think it may be from poor hearing. He is reported to have wax buildup by a doctor, which is probably the cause. Isaac also has poor enunciation and though he understands American English fairly well now, he is not able to speak it. We anticipate improved understanding and language skills after Isaac has had his ears cleaned.
Isaac is good natured and happy 95% of the time. The last 5% usually happens at bedtime. Isaac HATES bedtime but is cranky if he doesn't go to bed at about 8:30 every night. When the first mention of going to bed is made Isaac immediately shuts down. Sometimes he has to be dragged to the bathroom to brush his teeth and sometimes he even throws a loud tantrum on the floor. Isaac has been frequently counseled about the importance of cooperating at bedtime. If he hesitates and has to be forced to brush his teeth, then he doesn't get a bedtime story, if he throws a fit, then there's no story and the light in the bedroom has to be off (he normally falls to sleep with it on).
Besides the bedtime issue Isaac sometimes throws fits over seemingly insignificant things (For example, he asked Jared to build him a sand castle and Jared said no, that everyone was building their own that day. Isaac saw this as a good thing to throw a fit about). Usually these fits happen when Isaac has been getting to bed too late. That’s why his bedtime is strictly adhered to.
Isaac is a wonderful eater and will eat practically anything put in front of him besides salad and most fresh vegetables. Isaac especially likes chicken (bones and all, of course), peanut butter, and anything with beans in it. He likes deserts and sweets, but usually only eats a very small portion.
Isaac's health has improved since coming into foster care, but he is still quite thin. Despite a healthy appetite and eating a wide variety of foods Isaac has only gained about 7 pounds over the past few months, making him still under 40 pounds.
4 comments:
Don't you just love him!!! Tantrums and all, he sounds like quite a character and a very good match for you... especially the witty remarks... it's so, hmm, what's the word, sooo, oh yes, it's so biological!!!
I am wondering, my dear friend if you threw bed time tantrums as a child??? Like mother like son? I bet your mom said to you at some point, "Jocelyn I can't wait till you have a child who is just like you!"
Love ya and can't wait to meet your handsome kiddo!!!
Love,
Katy
This was so fun to read! Thanks for sharing:0 Can't wait to see Isaac again!
Love-
Laurie
HOW PRECIOUS!!! It's so funny. It's just how I would have imagined him. Little spitfire and sweet as can be! :0) He sounds awesome. I think it is so cool that they do that for you. I would have loved to have that with Zoe. It helps to know what they will be like when the dust settles. It'll definately help avoid the pitfalls of too many late bedtimes!! I can hardly wait to hear all your stories. Hugs! Angel
Jocelyn,
I loved reading the report on Isaac. I can't imagine your excitement to be on your way to bring him home. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best of luck and safe travels.
Marianne
Post a Comment