The African Sky!
We saw this sky on the ride home from the farm. It took us 5 hours each way to get there and back. The roads were so bad. Even our Land Rover Defender that is built for African roads, had trouble. It was a bumpy uncomfortable ride, but it was beautiful.
This is Isaac's foster mom Sydnee. She went with us up to the bush. I look about 13 in this photo.
So beautiful. The sun was a violent red color. We pulled over to the side of the road and crawled up to the roof of the Defender to take these photos.
My son told me that, "I should shake my booty, my great big booty!" He said I have a great big booty. It was really funny.
So we were suppose to leave for the bush at 6 AM, but the car keys were lost and TIA (This is Africa) so we didn't start the journey until 7 AM. We arrived at "The Farm" at about noon. It is the most beautiful farm I have ever seen. It was so beautiful. Sydnee and I got to ride on the roof of the Defender as we went through the actually bush to this tiny village. It was incredible. I can't wait to see what it becomes.

4 comments:
It is such a blessing to get to see AOH through your eyes and know we are supporting such a great ministry! Thanks for sharing!
What beautiful pictures! Love the sunset. Can't wait to see it for myself.
Love,
Lori
Those are amzing pictures, what a fun day!
I love the pictures, and you and Sydnee look like you're healthy, happy, beautiful women in Africa!!! The farm looks so green and lush! That old house looks beautiful and sad at the same time! Love, Denise
Post a Comment