We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

18 Days

Wow today has been one of those days. The fundraiser has been going for 8 days and over $6000 has come in. I am speechless. I don't even know what to say. I never thought that so many people would want to help a little African boy come home. The generosity of people that I have never met, has humbled me.

I have one more weekend until I head to the east coast to visit with a friend, then he is taking me to the airport to head to Liberia.

18 DAYS!!!

If you want to know what your children sound like, here is a video I took at the big orphan house with the children singing and drumming. There is only sound, but ENJOY!!!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! WhenI checked this late this afternoon you were at 4203!! WOOHOO!!!! You rock mama!!!! God is great!!!!!
Love, Denise

Anonymous said...

Had to post again... you looked just beautiful standing behind your son...who was starting to do the "Isaac!" 18 days!! Love, D

S and K said...

Oh Jocelyn... I can't wait to meet you and your SON. Please hurry and bring him home! Yes, you do look so beautiful and absolutely radiant! You have a son and soon you'll have him in your arms.
God is an amazing provider!
Love,
Katy

Anonymous said...

YAY!....I AM SO EXCITED I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE!

BLESSINGS!

Krystal said...

That is so awesome! I am praying that every dollar that you need is provided :)

Brandi said...

Ok, now you have to post the story you told me about the "dollars" and Isaac!!!

Love ya,
Bran

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,
I, too, was struck by your radiant smile in that video. What a beautiful sound, and a WONDERFUL way to start my Sunday morning!! Thanks so much for posting this.
Love, Jamie :0)

International Mommy said...

Jocelyn~
You do look so gorgeous-have you had braces too??Wow.

And I LOVE this video-I am imagining Aries making some of that beautiful music. Do you care if I post it on my blog?

I can't believe how much money has been raised!!!Awesome!!!!

18 days-

Charity

Brandi said...

My kids loved the singing!! Wow, with the fundraising going this well. . .we may have to post other people's needs on your site when you're done!! I think you may need to join Donna in the pursuit of raising money! Praise the Lord!

Bran

Amber G. said...

First of all, I am so glad that your Granddad is doing better. I am sure he will get to meet Isaac!
And I'm sooo glad to check in and see how high that thermometer is reading!!! Praise God.
Thanks for all the video clips and pictures you've shared of Isaac and the kids. I played this one this morning for Jo and she started dancing... she was convinced it was Henry singing and drumming!
I agree... you look sooo happy and so does Isaac in the video... those huge grins on your faces are priceless! (You should do a mastercard commercial! ;)
We'll keep praying that everythings falls into place with the visa and the rest of the provision needed.
Bless you
amber