The website for the organization that Boimah mom's has started is below...
Boimah mom has started a non-profit organization that is raising money to fulfill Boimah dream of his village back in Liberia having a school, playground, clinic, and Christmas presents. As I read the story of Boimah and the number of people he touched in his short life, I felt this intense fear.
I know that Isaac’s condition is life threatening, and I know that things will be harder than I can imagine, but death was never on my radar. I never even considered it. And I found myself today just staring at his photos, watching his videos, and crying for him.
I miss him. The thought that his tiny body got smaller because of his malaria and depression. The thought that right now, even though he is happy with the Sheppard’s I can’t be with him, that I can't get him the medical help he needs right now, scares me. Everyday he waits for me, is one more day he is sick.
It all just hit way to close to home.
3 comments:
Oh, Jocelyn. I'm sorry. It must be so hard waiting to see him again, waiting to bring him home, waiting to get him medical help.
All I can say is he's a strong kid. He has you and life in America to look forward to. He's had a taste of his new life, and I'm sure he looks forward to seeing you again every single day. I really think he's going to make it. He's got that spirit, like my Ruby. His spirit and your presence are going to make the difference while he is waiting and when he is recovering after his surgery.
Ruby is sleeping on my back right now, as I type this. Dreams do come true.
Praying for fast processing!
Love,
Amy
Jocelyn,
Praise God for hope!! Isaac has the hope of being with his mommy in the United States where he can get healthy and strong, treated by the best that medicine has to offer, and surrounded by the ones that love him so much. You have the hope of holding him in your arms, touching his skin, smelling him, rubbing his head, laughing with him, teaching him more that you can even imagine, and being there for him no matter what the future holds. Cling to that hope.
"Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed with me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Psalms 42:5
Keep Hoping,
Lori
Oh Jocelyn,
I feel you, sweetie. I had pretty much assumed the child we would adopt would die young from HIV and that was rough, but the day I realized he might want to go back to live in Liberia someday (after I learned HIV wasn't a death sentence) really put me over the edge. I really had to release his future to the Lord. It was hard and a grieving process.
I'm sorry you're having to face this, but I think you'll both be better off because you have faced it. Keep us in the loop as you process.
Faith, hope, and joy,
Rae
Post a Comment