"Great Love And Great Achievement Involve Great Risk"
A new and wonderful friend posted this quote to me yesterday. I read it over and over again. I've been dealing with a lot the last couple of days. I realized that going away for 6 weeks was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Money, bills, your house being cared for, pets...you name it, I'm trying to figure it all out.
I figured out that I have to the penny enough money to not work for 2.5 months to just hang out with Isaac, then it's find a job or "mom we're moving home".
I have posted a video of a song by the group Nickelback...the song is called "Savin Me" This song came out last summer. I heard it on the opening credits for a Discovery Health show called "Surgery Saved My Life". They were having a special on severe spinal deformities in children. One of the children was a 15 year old boy from West Africa. If Isaac lived to be 15 years old, he would have turned into that boy.
I watched the episode on February 12, 2007 and mailed my application to AoH the next morning to adopt Isaac. That show showed me what my son would have to go through, and I knew that I wanted to be there for him while he did.
I've said this before, but Isaac is Saving Me. I'm not saving him. He is completing an empty part of my life, that would never fill without him. So this song means a lot to me.
Prison gates won't open up for me On these hands and knees I'm crawlin' Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls These iron bars can't hold my soul in All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'And oh I scream for you Hurry I'm fallin'
Show me what it's like To be the last one standing And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be Say it for me Say it to me And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me
Heaven's gates won't open up for me With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you These city walls ain't got no love for me I'm on the ledge of the eighteenth story
And oh I scream for you Come please I'm callin' And all I need from you Hurry I'm fallin'
Show me what it's like To be the last one standing And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be Say it for me Say it to me And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me
6 comments:
Hang in there!!! You're almost there. God is "hurrying" you to get him.
He must be so excited!!! Love, Denise
Left you a little "present" on my blog! :0) Angel
I love that song. All of the details of your life will fall into place as you prepare to leave. You'll see.
Love,
Lori
I know that quote SO WELL! I am one of Julia's friends. Congratulations on the adoption of your beautiful little boy. Praise God. I will be checking in on you from time to time...
Oh my, I am counting down the days with you. . .all day long I wait for the next day to count down. It doesn't count until you've posted!!!
Coming soon!!!!!
Brandi
I love that quote! So excited that Isaac is almost home!!!! :)
Post a Comment