
Dear devoted blog readers...
There has been so much going on in my life. Let start with the easy stuff. I've started running. Now for those of you that don't know me except through my blog, this is where I tell you that I hate running. I think running is of the devil, and people who run (FOR FUN) are insane.
Yet on Sunday morning I went to the gym and found myself on a treadmill running. By the time I looked down I'd ran 1.75 miles. Now this may not seem like a lot, but for me to run 1.75 miles without passing out, is an act of God. In fact, I could have kept going, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to walk in the morning as it was, so I stopped. But I have found myself at the gym everyday this week running...Call me Forest Gump "I'm runnin"!
I don't know where this new found love for running is coming from, but it is really helping with my stress...and I find myself looking forward to going home so I can go running each night.
Other than running, there have been a lot of changes in my life.
I talked to Donna yesterday and she said that I can book my plane ticket two weeks after Isaac's passport comes in. Then I plan on staying in Liberia for 2 maybe 3 weeks to wait on his visa, then it will be home to America for us both. I'm going to have the time off, and the great state of California is paying me $882 a week, for 6 weeks to bond with my child. So I would rather be in Africa waiting on Isaac's Visa with him, than sitting in my empty house going out of mind with boredom, waiting for his visa.
Another change is that my softball team is breaking up...this again may not seem like a big deal but for me, it's the only socialization I get on a weekly basis with friends...My job keeps me busy, and I crave going out there and playing first base...but that will be no more after this season, and it makes me really sad.
There is also a big change happening in my church, it may be ok, but it may be really bad for the church. I won't know more until Sunday...One of the things that has inspired me to be a single mom is that I have this amazing church family, but that may be changing as well.
I've been praying for a long time about moving back to the east coast. I miss my family (all in PA) and I can work in NY or DC. I've stayed here, because the opportunity hasn't come up to allow me to move, but as the winds of change are really blowing in my life, I'm feeling myself let go of California.
I'm longing to be home, to raise my son on the eastern side of the country, where he can be within driving distance of his G-mom, and his aunts, uncles, and cousins. Where I can have a real support system to fall back on when I just need help.
I miss the great North East, and I'm praying daily that God opens the door, or even a window (Isaac is really small, and I could squeeze through)...that would allow us to move to the East Coast area in the next 8-12 months.
So that I my life right now....Running and Changes...
The picture above was posted on my webgroup...Isaac is the one at the bottom of the pile holding onto the blue bat with the funny look on his face. My friend Charity's oldest daughter Aries is two girls to the left (our left) of Isaac...she's giving the thumbs up...isn't she beautiful.
6 comments:
Hey!
Exciting news about the travel date! I keep hoping and praying that we'll have our approval before you go and we'll know who will be our children!!
Wow! God is shaking things up! It sounds like He might be closing doors and getting ready to open windows! Of course, biasely, I would love to know that we could get together once a year during a holiday when we're both visiting PA! Cheeseteak field trip!
Seriously, will continue praying for a quick travel date. I'm so excited for you!
Love, Denise
deniseinsc.blogspot.com
In case you were wondering, Orlando is on the East Coast!! And, we have jobs for you too!! You'd have a great church family, mine of course! and lots of friends. We already feel like we know you. In fact, today as I made the statement, "Jocelyn said. . ." only one of my friends asked who is that? That's b/c they all read your blog. . .so you can just move right in!!! Come on down!
I'm excited for you too, to get to spend 3 weeks in Liberia. There had better be at least a blog a day!
Love ya,
Brandi
These guys are too cute! Congrats, I ahve really enjoyed reading your journey and I am so excited for you to bring him home!
I so admire you for following God's call!
Well you know that I think Issac is beautiful too...:)
Let's just face it- AOH is an orphanage FULL of beautiful kids!!
Praying that a door opens(window, keyhole, whatever!!)
Love,
Charity
East Coast? Wha????????? Well, I guess I'll still love you... :0)
-Jamie :0)
Sooo....you don't happen to know the girl next to Aries, do you? Ever since I saw that picture that sweet face has stuck out to me like no other. Is she available? That is a question I keep asking myself. I did email and ask Donna...
Post a Comment