We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

A GOD OF MIRACLES

I serve a great big GOD. If you read this blog and still don’t believe in the power of God, and all that he does, you will by the time you're done reading this post.

I began my adoption on Feb 13, 2007. I sent in a $250 check and my application to my adoption agency with the soul purpose of adopting Isaac Greene, a very small soon to be 7 year old boy with a severe spinal deformity.

As a single woman I filled in the application and answered the questions to the best of my ability.

On March 26, 2007 I officially accepted the referral of Isaac. I didn’t have a homestudy, or any approval, just a promise that God had made to me.

In April, I had fingerprinting appointments, roommate issues, and car towings. Everything the devil could think of to stop me, but it didn’t work.

On May 12, 2007 I walked into the AoH big kid orphan home, in Liberia, West Africa, and my beautifully, shy, gorgeous, stunning, 7 year old son walked out the door to meet me. I had no words. All I could do was stare.


I was looking at a reflection of God’s love for me. He loved me so much, he created Isaac, for me.

On May 24, 2007 I got on a plane and left my son and Liberia behind.

On June 19, 2007 I finally received my I-600a approval from the US government. I was deemed fit to be a parent.

On July 3, 2007, I asked you all to pray for a miracle.

On July 5, 2007 I was told that Isaac’s adoption was finished. He was legally adopted by me. His adoption was done and final.

On July 12, 2007 TODAY, I was given that miracle.

I am 5 months and 1 day into my adoption process.

I spoke to my agency yesterday, and they gave me travel dates. They called Liberia to make sure Isaac’s passport and visa would be ready to go, then she said book those tickets.

I will arrive in Liberia on AUGUST 22, 2007 and have my son in my arms.

In 35 days I will be on a plane, on my way to Liberia to pick up my son. I will be there until September 9, 2007. I’m staying 17 days because I am shooting a video project to raise awareness for Liberia.

God didn’t just get me tickets, he got me cheap tickets to Liberia. My total cost for both me and Isaac was $3200. This is $3000 less than I was planning on.
(I “happen” to be traveling 2 days after the season change which saves me thousands of dollars.)

My God is a great big God, who can do all things. He can get passports and visas, he knows when plane ticket prices drop, he knows, my heart and my desires, and he has given me my miracle.

So if you don’t believe in God, and all the miracles he does, ask my son Isaac on September 10th, when we arrive in America. Ask him about miracles, ask me. Because my God can do them. No matter how small. No matter how great.

16 comments:

Amber G. said...

You are absolutely right. Our God is SOOOO BIG!!! Issac's story is an amazing testimony to His bigness!!
I'm so happy to hear your incredible news! Hallelujah!
Amber

Jamie said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!! I am rejoicing with you!! Our God is BIG. And FAITHFUL. And yes, He knows the desires of our hearts. What a beautiful testimony, Jocelyn. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Jamie :0)

International Mommy said...

Wow, wow, wow! That is all I can say- Most things that give me a big smile last for a day or 2..but I can see this one sticking around for a while:)
God is great-all the time, and it shows in that gorgeous smile that Issac always has on his face-which I bet just got alot bigger!
I can't wait to meet you guys!!!
Love,
Charity

Sintari said...

WOW!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :)
I love your big faith in our BIG GOD, Jocelyn! Thanks for being such an example to me by trusting Him so much. :)
I can't wait to meet you and Isaac someday. Congratulations!!!

Welcome to Jen said...

Tears,tears...this is so wonderful. I am so happy Isaac is COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!


God bless,

Luv Jen

Lori said...

I'm speechless and in tears. I'm so happy for you and Isaac. Thank you for remiding me that God cares about the details of our lives. This just proves it to me again! I love hearing about your journey. It so ministers to me as I am on mine. Priase God!!

Love,
Lori

Chrissie said...

I love your blog! Congratulations on your beautiful son. He just jumps right off the screen. What a blessing the two of you will be reunited soon...this time forever!

www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

Ok, I'm crying again! I swear I'm not an emotional person!

Now you have to tell everyone how this is an answer to Isaac's prayers too!

Brandi

Anonymous said...

As sad as I am that Issac has had to live with his condition for so long, I am so excited that he is old enough to understand the journey of how God brought you two together! God is so Awesome!!! I can totally hear him telling someone his story as soon as he gets here!

Instantly Mama said...

Soooo excited for you Jocelyn and Isaac! Praying those 35 days go fast!

thecurryseven said...

Hooray and Hallelujah!! I can't wait to read about your trip to bring Isaac home.

Lys said...

Reading your recent post reminds me of the many times in the Old Testament that God commands the Israelites to stop and build an altar to the Lord to remind the Israelites of what miracles He has done for them.

Thank you for posting to serve as a reminder to yourself and a testimony to others about the continual love, perfect timing, and provision of our Abba Father!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, Check my blog when you get a chance, you have received an award!

Anonymous said...

Yea! God wins!!! Satan loses!!! Isaac Tarquini is on his way home!

WEll, I agree with BRandi! I was crying as I was reading the timeline dates you posted. God is so good!! So very, very good! We all prayed for that miracle, and we can all rejoice and thank HIM!

Going to sleep with my heart full tonight!!!

How are you celebrating this weekend?? I know you're dancing all over your living room!!!

Love, Denise
deniseinsc.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

What an awesome testimony! You've been such an encouragment on your blog and in the group. I can't wait until you son steps foot on American soil...what a blessed day!!!

Dono & Laurie said...

I'm rejoicing with you!!! This is God's heart in action! Praise Him!
Laurie