I decided to take her advice to heart. I am going to be straight with everyone. I need $8000 to pay off Isaac's adoption and get him home. I started a fundraising website called the $1 adoption. The idea is that if 8000 people each give $1 I'll be able to bring Isaac home in 26 day, adoption completely paid off. This will allow me to focus solely on my son and his extensive medical needs.
http://bringisaachome.onedollaradoption.com/
Please check out the site and if you feel so compelled donate a $1! You can also donate with PayPal under the thermometer to your right.
Already in just under 13 hours of the site being up we have raise $1200. I am blown away by the generosity of everyone, and how much people really do care about my son.
If you could spread the word to your friends and family, and have them spread the word as well.
Even if those people don't know me or my son, you do, and if you tell them what it is for, they might be interested.
HELP BRING ISAAC HOME!!!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
17 comments:
Joycelyn,
You don't know me. I'm an adoptive mom of a child with cerebral palsy from Cambodia. We've had him from infancy and he's almost 8!!! Time flies. Well, I got your information from Angela on my homeschooling special kidz webgroup. I made a small donation and hope it helps! I wanted you to know that your story has touched me and I can see that Isaac will touch many as my Ean has. Good luck with everything. Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Jennifer in KY
Hi,
You don't know me either.:) I'm an adoptive mom of a child from China who is considered special needs. She has only been home a little over a year. We raised all the money (actually God gave it to us) little by little. We had garage sales, children in our family collecting change in a jar, etc. Don't worry~You will make it! Our five kids each donated $1.00 to your fund. You are in our prayers! Danielle in GA
You will get it and no you don't have to do it alone, thanks for allowing us to be part of your journey in bringing Isaac home!
I'm with ya girl! I will spread the word today. HUGS! Angel
Jocelyn~
You will get everything you need-I know it. The Lord provided so much through our $1 site and mostly through strangers...it is so awesome to watch God stir people's hearts to help. I can't wait to sit back and watch.
Love,
Charity
Hi Jocelyn,
I am an adoptive mommy of a precious little Guatemalan cutie. I have been following your site for a few days now-from Angel's and the McKenzie Crew's blogs. I cannot wait for Isaac to come home! I think it is amazing what you are doing! We donated money and would love to put your story on our blog so others can donate as well! This is so exciting to see God working!! We'll be praying for you, your job, and precious Isaac!
Carolyn
www.wishuponafamily.blogspot.com
Don't know you. But found your blog from Angel's. Your story has really touched me. We have 2 adopted from Guatemala. I 'think' our family is complete but this desire to make a difference is NOT. God Bless, Ruth
Hi-
I'm also a single mom. I recently brought my daughter home from Guatemala and found your blog through Angel's blog. Good luck with bringing Isaac home. You will make a wonderful family. I made a small donation through paypal and will be checking back to watch the total grow. Good luck.
Margaret
And you don't know me but I followed the link from Angel's site. I am the soon-to-be adoptive mom of two Guatemalan cuties. Your devotion is amazing and your son is precious. I will be following along as you continue this journey and bring him home.
God Bless!
Hi,
Found your blog from Julia's a few days ago. I have a tremendous amount of respect for you, and Isaac is a cutie. I just went to your $1 site, too.
Suzanne
I got your site from Angel...I made my small donation and I now every $1 helps...
I hope you dont' mind me coping your thermometer as we are starting adoption #2.
What a wonderful idea! I am so glad you asked for help! When I found your website last week I wondered how I could help. You and Isaac are in my prayers. I can't wait to watch your journey after you both are reunited forever!
Jocelyn,
I found your blog through Angel's. Isaac is a doll! Special needs adoption is close to my heart, so I am touched by your story ;) I'll be following along as your bring your boy home, and I hope that you reach 100% of your fundraising goal very soon!!!
Blessings,
Krystal
Jocelyn,
It's so heart warming to see the generosity of others. I bet it is overwhelming to you. Isaac has already touched so many lives. Just wait until he is here! I'm praying for your total to be reached before you leave.
Love,
Lori
Jocelyn,
I'm just praying for all of these dollars to come in! To think that you've made it this far...I know God's heart is for Isaac to be home with his Mama! Hang in there you're just days away!:)
Laurie
Joycelyn,
We found out about you and Isaac from some friends in Greenville SC who are adopting two Liberian boys. We would like to make a contribution, but paypal does not work for us. Do you have any other options for contributions?
Alan and Donna
www.empirecarolina.com
I added my address to today's blog...and I'm working to get it added to the website...thanks so much for all your donations!!!
Luv,
Jocelyn
Post a Comment