We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

24 Days

So I did some serious nesting yesterday. My mom is throwing Isaac a "Welcome Home" party, on Sept. 14, 2007 in PA. She said I should register, so I did.

It is really hard to register for a 7 year old. What do you get him? What will he like? I had such a good time running around Target, scanning stuff, that I think Isaac will like. Then I went online and registered at Wal-Mart, I picked out Isaac's booster seat for the car.

It was really exciting. Legos, board games, books, a ton of movies, clothes, hair & skin products. When I went up to the counter to hand in my scanner, the guy looked at it and said, "is this a baby registry?" I said, "kind of, I'm adopting a 7 year old." We ended up standing there for about 10 minutes talking about how he was adopted at the age of 6 from the US foster system. He was blown away at my willingness to adopt and older child. I told him I couldn't imagine any other child in my life.

So some of you have asked me, and I'm sure a few more will, so here is my registry info...

Parent: Jocelyn Tarquini
Child: Isaac Alan Scott Tarquini
Arrival: Sept. 10. 2007
Home State: CA
So there you have it...I have officially registered.
I had to share these photos with you...one of my new yet very dear friends Katy, made these shirts for me and Isaac...they are awesome....
Front of the shirt....

The back of my Shirt...

The back of Isaac's Shirt...

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I finally read your blog from beginning to end and I engaged my father, who is sitting next to me, into watching videos with me, giving him a chuckle or two:-) I was really struck by many of the parallels to our journey as I await Brahim's fiance visa. Your insights and those leaving their comments have resonated with me, especially when your mom says- if God brings you to it he'll see you through it. I have to tatoo that on the back of my hand;-) B's visa may be ready this week and so I could be flying out in a few weeks or early September. OMG! I too am looking for a dresser, to hook him up with some toiletrie basics, a clothing gift cerificate, etc. Not to forget that we are supposed to get married w/in 3 months of his arrival- so I have to plan a quickie wedding on a couple of hundred dollars budget (I figure the shindig will come later) Anyway, I am a devoted follower of your story and watching the money meter rise. Bless you both! Ashley

Lori said...

Jocelyn,
Love the shirts! Isaac will look great in his. I can't wait to see what you and Isaac have registered for. It's getting close, girl!

Love,
Lori

Jane said...

just found your story via Angel.
I'm a single mom, adopting from Guatemala but I am now one of your 8,000. Best wishes to you and your little boy.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! LOVE KATY!!! Love, Denise

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you registered!

Blessings!

Angela said...

Oh how wonderful!!! These are so great. I don't wear T-shirts but if I did I would so want something special like this!

I was especially excited about seeing Jerm. 29:11 under your picture. That is a verse God gave to me at the beginning of the process and uses it again and again to comfort and encourage me as it always "pops up" when I'm not expecting it and then it's followed with news about the adoption... over and over again over the last couple years...very cool!