
My son is so small. I love this picture, you can so tell I'm in Africa. I have the sweet mark on the shirt, my hair is being rescued by my Boston Red Sox hat, I just look gross...but Isaac cracks me up in this photo. He is standing up, straight up, and he doesn't even go up to my waist.
I have 36 days and I hold my little hobbit in my arms again. It feels like a long way to middle earth right now, but I am only DAYS away, I can't wait.
My house is still a complete mess. My roommate finally got all his stuff out, and my office is almost done, then it's on to Isaac's room. I've been working on Saturdays (cha ching!!!) but that leaves me no time to get things done...I'm starting to wonder if I will have enough time to finish it all, or if I will have to leave some of it, till Isaac and I get home.
9 comments:
Jocelyn,
It is so exciting to be counting the "days" with you. Do you know if Isaac has been told when you will be arriving to get him? I was wondering how AOH handles that. Here's hoping you get a ton done while you're in your "nesting phase" of your adoption.
Love,
Lori
I am soooo excited for you! He is just adorable. :0) Angel
YOU CRACK ME UP!!! Just got your comment. I am sitting here trying to read your blog start to finish. I'm obsessive. What can I say??? Your story is so precious. I am definately excited about AoH! I wrote them a lot of questions and I am waiting to hear back. LATER!!! Angel
That boy won't care 'nuthin! about the state of your house!! He'll just be sooo glad to be with his MA!
Love ya!! Denise
my first time on your blog - can you email me more info on your timeline and your agency and bascially everything you know about adoption from Liberia?Thanks :)
Julia McKenzie
McKenzieplumber1@aol.com
I love this picture!! And you look great.Issac does look so small! Almost like he's crouching...
And Didn't realize hats were an option-I am DEFINATELY bringing mine.Definately.
Love,
Charity
OK I just finished the WHOLE blog. EVERY WORD! WOW! I think I cried like 5 times. You can write a book about all this when your sweet boy returns to visit Liberia in a few years and helps you build a new hospital or school. You are a jewel. CRAZY AWESOME WOMAN! Your little boy is such a gift.
I am just counting the days and praying for that little boy with every ounce I have. I AM SOLD!!!! You two are the STUFF! THE BOMB! I have no doubt that you are meant to be together. You know you have the same smile. It's so cute how you both have the same big grin.
I am glad to see Julia found you. She is an amazing blogger buddy of mine. She is my SOUL SISTA'. You'll love her.
Thanks for all your help. We are praying and seeking God about Liberia. If God gives us the go for this country at this time, then Acres of Hope- here we come!!!
I'll be praying through these days till that little boy is home and completely healed and healthy. I can just see it now. I can't wait to watch him grow tall and strong. Even though he is soooo cute now when he's small! :0)
One of Julia's favorite saying is something I want to share with you...
Great Love And Great Achievement Involve Great Risk
You are one of the very few people who will take the big risk. That is what is going to make your life amazing. Great people are just average people who do great things... who take that risk. You have walked into the life of being great. Sometimes you want to cry and just go back to being normal cause it can be so scary. It's hard to do that though cause once you've seen great- normal just won't do!
Hugs To You.
SO SORRY FOR THE BOOK! I guess I'm all inspired.
That's a way cute photo! Good thing you don't have to hoof it to middle earth (love the analogy!). But, I wish I could be your Aragorn (or whoever) and go with you! I'm really getting itchy to be with my babes. But, I'll have plenty to keep me busy between now and then--spilling the beans in early august... :)
Hi,
Just found your blog yesterday from the adopting from Liberia group. I read the entire thing and shed a few tears and said many prayers for you and Isaac. I'm so glad that you two will be together soon.
We are in the middle of praying about adopting from Liberia. We have friends who just adopted 3 children from there and they also help Patty with AoH in some capacity. They traveled to Liberia to visit for a while and then to pick up their 3 sons. They already had 6 biological children so now they have 9. We have 7 children right now and when we can figure out how to pay for it, we plan on adopting from there also.
I look forward to continuing to read your story and I'll be praying about your trip!
Blessings,
Tanisha
Post a Comment