Last night, after work I went to the movies to decompress. During the previews there was a trailer for a movie called "August Rush"...I've seen the preview before, but this time it put me in tears.
"August Rush" is about an 11 year old boy named August who gets put up for adoption as an infant. 11 years later August is still in a boys home, because no one wants him, and he goes off to look for his mother and father.
There is a line where the August says:
"It's like someone's calling out to me, only some of us can hear it"
then Robin Williams responds,
"only some of us are listening".
Can you hear your child calling out for you? Can you hear their heart and desires?
ARE YOU LISTENING?
5 comments:
I'm listening and I swear that I can hear him. I'm in tears. WOW! Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna try to post this on my blog. Ya know, along with those cravings comes the emotional ups and downs. I sure can't wait until the delivery.
Hang in there. It's getting closer.
Love,
Lori
I want to see that movie!!! It sounds like I will cry quite a bit but what a great reminder!
OH MAN! So true... I think there are so many people who would hear God calling them to adopt at some point if they were listening just a little closer. The Bible so clearly spells out God's passion for widows and orphans. How can that NOT be a call for us as His children? Angel
Great post Jocelyn. I can definitely hear my little guy calling. Well, he is not officially mine yet. I have quite a bit of work to do still before we can get to that stage, but I know in my heart that we are meant to be a family, much like you knew that you and Isaac belong together.
-Angela
http://ourworldasiseeit.blogspot.com/
Jocelyn,
Now I want to see this!
I just had to comment (i read your blog often, but am a blogging slacker!) on your last post about people commenting on how you and Isaac look alike!! I get that too!! Many of our friends have said that our kids look like me! It's so funny! I totally agree. God is so creative, kind, and full of surprises!!
Can't wait for Isaac to be home with you!
Katie B.
Post a Comment