
The Top 10 blessings in my life right now, all given to me by God!!!
1. I have a friend that is selling me her Ford Escape for 1/2 what I could re-sell it for (not that I'm going to). Isaac and I have the bigger car we need.
2. My social worker is going to bless us by doing my 1 month post placement report FOR FREE (saving me $500).
3. I will have my son in my arms in 32 days. (need I say more)
4. My son has a bed. I didn't have the money to buy Isaac bedroom furniture. So I was going to get his room as ready as I could then fake it when he got home. My mom called me today and said "I'm buying Isaac his bedroom furniture." I couldn't believe it...so I went to Ikea and found out that the bed I dreamed of getting for Isaac was discontinued, but they had 1 more in stock. I bought it and rigged it to my tiny car and got it home...yes you can fit a loft bed in the trunk of a Ford Focus with God's help.
5. I found a beautiful solid wood dressar at a second hand store and bargined the owner down to $80 with delivery. It's perfect Isaac size...he won't have to use a step stool to get his clothes.
6. The New York board of health is going to do all of Isaac's infectious disease testing at Columbia/Presbyterian Hospital in NY city FOR FREE and will treat anything he has FOR FREE.
7. I got a report that Isaac is doing 100% better health wise. He has been fostered by Sydnee, Melodie, and the Sheppard's for the last month and a half and is really changing for the better.
8. My last 6 paychecks from my job is going to hold Isaac and I over for 2 months, while I travel to Liberia and then we visit with family and road trip home to California, stopping along the way to visit with Isaac's friends.
9. The state of California has Paid Family Leave. They are going to pay me to bond with Isaac for 6 weeks, enough money to hold us over till Thanksgiving.
10. I have made friends with some of the most amazing woman in the world through my son's adoption. They have stood by me, prayer for me, cried with me, and laughed with me. Who would have thought that a little boy on the other side of the world could bring so many wonderful women into my life.
I wanted to share these things, because all around us everyday God blesses us in un-expected ways. He takes care of us, because he loves us. My life is different, my life is better, a little scarier sometimes, but BETTER, because of Isaac.
My son has such favor with the Lord.
Isaac was a promise and a blessing to Abraham and Sarah, and I've realized that Isaac IS a promise and such a blessing to me as well.
I can't wait...WOW...I am so blessed.

I love this photo...Isaac was like...back away from my gatorade ;)
5 comments:
The sharing of your blessings reminds me that the God who has blessed you will bless me. I sooo needed to see a list like that today.
Do ya just feel like yelling it out to the people around you?!! "Do you know what God has done for me???!!! Woo hoo!!"
Rejoicing with you! Love ,Denise
Those are amazing blessings! How awesome God is!
Sweet post! I love the comparison between your Isaac and the biblical Isaac. Definitely the son of promise and a testimony to the absolute faithfulness of the Lord! Love you!
Brandi
Jocelyn,
God is SOOOOOO GOOD! Thanks for sharing your blessings! I'm so encouraged! I think I should make a list of blessings myself! I can't wait to see Isaac again, only here in the states with you!
Laurie
That was great, you definately are SO blessed!! God is good-All the time. (And we are blessed by you!!)
I am so happy that you got Issac's furniture! You will have to tell me which one it is on IKEA so I can check it out...
Love,
Charity
Post a Comment