Hey all…I just got another update on Isaac, it said:“Isaac is doing well at our house. It took him awhile to figure out that he really would be staying here, but now he's acting like his crazy self. He's lost weight from being sick and sad, so we are glad to have him here to gain weight and feel happy and secure.”
They also sent me some new photos of him. They took him to a beach compound where this great guy named Lloyd (from Texas) lives. He’s a friend of the Sheppards. I got a chance to meet Lloyd and enjoy his wonderful food and pool while I was in Liberia.
Isaac looks really happy in these photos, which really puts my mind at ease. He is also still wearing the necklace and promise ring I gave him. I gave it to him the day I left. He had watched me wear it the entire time I was there, and would play with it when it was around my neck.
So the day I left I took it off and put it around his, and told him that the ring was a promise that I would be back soon to get him. I’m so glad he still has it and is doing better. He really looks happy.
And he lost another tooth, you can see it in the top photo...I'm gonna have to send him $.05 so he can get some biscuits (cookies)!


9 comments:
Oh he looks great!!! I love the fact that he's wearing your necklace. What a sweet boy you have!
Jocelyn,
Great pics! And great news all around!!
-Jamie :0)
These pictures must make you smile (at the same time that your heart hurts because you're not with him). He's certainly not sick any more! :)
Still on the edge of my seat awaiting "the" phone call!!
Rae
Awww I love the necklace!! And he looks like he is enjoying himself, and I am sure that they talk about his MAMA all of the time!!!
Hey-....Also-
What are the measurements of your drum?? I went to Dick's and they didn't have the one in the box and the ones they did have were 3 feet long but they weren't any wider than a normal duffel bag.
The guy thought I was so weird for asking for a "bag in a box"!!
~Charity
He's a doll!! Living it up!! woo hoo!! Love, Denise
Jocelyn,
He looks so great! He is in such good hands with the Sheppard family loving on him! That must help so much! We did receive the video and pictures!!!! We love them and are so grateful. Kojo asks to see Isaac almost everyday! He is so excited for him to come to America!(so are we!)
I'll e-mail and write more soon:)
Laurie
He looks so happy. What a smile! Don't you just want to love on him?! Keep busy and the time will fly. I'm praying that he stays healthy and gains some weight.
Lori
Any word on finalization? No news here...
R
Post a Comment