37 days from today, at 5:50 PM my air Brussels’s flight will land at Robertson International Airport in Monrovia, Liberia, West Africa. Now we are talking about Africa, which means my flight will land more around 7 or 8 PM…but we’re not counting hours, just days.
I decided to start the blogging count down. It seems strange that I am so close to being a mom. My friends tell me I’m 8 months pregnant, and happen to know the exact moment I’ll give birth…my question to you all is, “Is there a drug for this kind of child birth”.
It’s going to sound crazy, but his morning I when I woke up, I could hear him. He was laughing. I turned over in bed, expecting to see him right there. It was so clear. Then I remembered 37 days.
My son’s name means “He laughs”…I can’t think of a more fitting name for Isaac. When he laughs he has this high pitched things going on. In this video if you listen you can hear him…it’s pretty high pitched so listen carefully.
This is the sound I hear when I wake up. I truly believe that Isaac and I are connected on a totally different level. He’s part of me, and I’m part of him. I can feel him and hear him everywhere. I wonder how long 37 days really is.
In the pictures below, Isaac is hanging out with one of his best friends Mawolo. Amanda, Mawolo’s mama is in Liberia right now picking up Mawolo and his baby sister. They will be home next week.

7 comments:
I am sure the pain of waiting will be tough over the next 37 days! Know everyone is praying for you through each "contraction".
YEAH! 37 days!
Oh my goodness-how cute is he???
I can't wait for these 37 days to fly by..
Thinking of ya~
Charity
I am counting with you. I pray that the days go by quickly for you and Isaac and at the same time you can savor each moment before you leave to bring home your son.
Praying for you-
Lori
Sorry I've been so silent over the last week or so. Summertime is so crazy! Anyhow, I was getting sea-sick watching Isaac swinging--yikes! His giggle and yours are too cute--especially together! I can't wait until you're together again!
Now breathe--Hee hee hee Hoooo Hee hee hee :)
That's the sweetest sound I've heard in a very long time! :0) Absolutely precious.
-Jamie :0)
I've just been "introduced" to your blog by Angel. You are an inspiration. I pray that everything goes smoothly so that Isaac is home very soon. He is so fortunate to have you for a mom.
You should feel proud, and I know you feel blessed, to be a MOM to such a beautiful boy.
I'm praying for you.
:) Megan
Post a Comment