We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Worthy Woman~Is Healthy and Strong

So for all you who have been stalking my blog and haven't seen me around, there is a really good reason.  I got bit on my side by something, and it got deeply infected.  By the time I realized what was going on it laid me out for the entire weekend.  I spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday curled up on my bed watching a "Jon and Kate Plus 8" marathon.  (If you ever feel like life is tough watch that show and you will realize how easy you have it.)

Anyways, so I had a terrible weekend and I'm still healing from the infection which to be honest has ended up being really nasty and oozy!  Oh yes I said it!  Oozy!  And for those that are keeping count in 6 days and 23 hours Isaac will be rolled into the operating room at Children's Hospital in Los Angeles.

Now on to a worthy woman

Proverbs 31:17
She girds herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Out of all the verses this is one of my favorites, because I feel it is where I lack the most.  God is saying point blank you need to take care of your body, you need to be healthy, you NEED to be physically strong.  

Now when I think of physically strong women I think Linda Hamilton in "Terminator 2"  If you have seen that movie you know what I'm talking about.  Her arms were absolute perfection.  I would not have wanted to arm wrestle her.  
The other person I think of is of course Angelina Jolie in "Tomb Raider".  She was so tone and had beautiful lean muscle in places I didn't think muscle could exist.  Again if you've seen the movie you know what I'm talking about.
When it comes to being healthy, there are a lot of ways to go about this.  I have an awesome friend in San Diego and she strives to give her family only organic, super healthy foods and vitamins.  I love to go to her house and see what's in the fridge.  That is her way of doing it.  Then I have another friend and she has a few organic things here and there, but more than anything she strives to make sure her family gets every food group and that there isn't a lot of sugars in their diet.  I feel that no matter how you go about it, whether you are a hard core health nut, or a more middle of the road, it's our responsibility as the women of the house to set a good example for our children on living a healthy life style.

So I really love this verse, because it's where I struggle the most.  I use to say that I did my best to stay healthy, but looking back on it, I didn't do a very good job and truthfully I was lazy.  Living a healthy lifestyle has been a big priority in my life for the last two years and with Isaac around I'm trying even harder, though I'm afraid I'm falling a bit short.

I must admit I do on occasion feel that in order to have your meat, grain, and dairy group in one meal all you have to do is add hamburger to your mac & cheese!  Is that wrong?

2 comments:

Soltana said...

You poor thing. I'm glad you're feeling better. Keeping you noth in my thoughts and prayers:)

Stephanie M said...

Dear Joc - Am thinking about you and I-man today...