We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 4

11:38am~ Isaac was just moved from the ICU to room 613A at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. This is great news! We are hoping to find out today when we can "hope" to go home and what progress Isaac needs to have in order to go home!

10:13am~ It's been a while since the last update, but only a few things happened. Isaac had a really rough afternoon yesterday. He's in a lot of pain right now, so we spent most of the afternoon trying to calm him, and for those of you with Liberians we had the famous "Liberian Wail"! Which if you've ever experienced that, it sucks the energy from everything in the room.


Then around 8:30pm he passed out from sheer exhaustion. He didn't sleep Wednesday night so we figured he would last night. Well no such luck. One of his drains fell apart last night causing a huge leak all over his dressings and bed. Which was also very painful, so last night I spent awake once more trying to calm him down. His latest thing is wrapping his arms around my neck and crying "take me home mommy, take me home!"

His CT scan came back completely normal so no more surgery! Thank God! Now it's a waiting game to see what is up with his left leg. Right leg has a lot of movement but the left leg's still pretty motionless. They say they will move us up to the regular floor today and he will be getting his brace today as well, which is great because then we can get him up and moving.

So more to come soon... but more than anything we both need sleep. I'm running on about 10 hours since Monday and Isaac is running on empty as well!

9 comments:

The Labontes said...

Oh, I think it's the worst when your child is pleading with you and you can't ablige. You two will come through this stronger than ever. Can't wait to see the results.
Kristy
www.maxtomaine.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Our whole family been praying for Isaac during this difficult time. We're excited to see what big things God will do next. Michelle

Marianne said...

I hate it that Isaac is having such a tough time right now. I am keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully you both will be able to get some sleep tonight.

Marianne

Erica said...

I'm glad to hear things are improving and I pray that we continue to see things get better for Isaac. Get us all posted.

Anonymous said...

You inspire me. Keep strong. I am praying for you and Isaac.

Anonymous said...

I pray for both of you, may you sleep tight. Restful and peaceful. I pray for no more pain and the right leg to get moving!

Anonymous said...

We're praying everyday for Isaac. God performed one miracle this week, now it's time for another. We love you!!!!!

Tami said...

God is good! Isaac is in my thoughts and prayers. I know the hospital is terrible (been there and done that) but he will come out running all around and you will both be in amazement of his new life...you think you couldn't keep up with him before? Just wait! LOL

Heart4Adoption said...

Continuing to pray, and praising with you for the move out of ICU/no more surgery:)