So I spoke with Dr. Tolo this morning and it looks like we are going back into surgery on Friday. He says it will be a "short" one to replace a screw... but I'll believe that when he comes out of surgery in less than 3 hours. Plus side to this is that Dr. Tolo believes that some of the pain that Isaac's feeling in his left thigh will be taken away with this surgery. Down side to this is that we are just now starting to make some progress and will have to start over again.
They are hoping he will be ready to move to the 6 floor North Tower next week and start the in house PT! We are ready to get out of our room. We are sharing with a 2 year old that screams at night and can drop a poop bomb like no other. So we are ready to get out of there. Other than that, not a whole lot has happened. They are taking out his IV today and all his pain meds are going to be done orally. So that's good. His stomach is starting to settle a little but he has a tone of pain in his muscle. Unfortunately muscle pain is really tough to treat, so there is only so much they can do. I'm working again today then going home. I miss my bed and need a good night's sleep. My mom is staying with Isaac through tomorrow so that I can just chill a little!
Please start praying for us since my mom is heading back to PA on Saturday and my main support goes with her. I have some really great friends here in LA, but they have lives so there is only so much they can do. I'm really nervous for my mom to leave since I have relied on her so much in the last two weeks.
7 comments:
I am de-lurking to say only this: you can do this without your mom. Right now it doesn't feel like you can because she's been so much of a help and support to you (I'm sure!) but you can do this. You've done bigger, scarier things on your own and you will be able to handle this. I'm so confident in your ability to stay strong for Isaac and I only know you from blogland! Best of luck...
I second what jshep said! :)
Moms are invaluable, but you're a strong mama, and Isaac's one heck of a strong kid. You guys will make it through this, and when you look back on it someday, you'll both be proud of yourselves for the strength you showed.
I am praying that God gives you strength and that you feel His grace especially when you are doing so much for your little guy. Isaac is a blessed little boy!
Beka
I wish I could help. I am praying that God will send you all the help you need and the grace to walk through this. Hugs from Texas. Angel
Thinking of you!! Wish we could stay together (smile)
Love Ya!!!
Charity
greetings from alabama. hey, times can seem so uncertain but one thing is certian.. I know the plans i have for you declares the LORD! jer 29:11
jocelyn, your a champion. im trully overwhelmed by what you and charity are doing with your lives.
it so inspires me.
Hi Jocelyn,
You don't know me but I have been praying for you and your son for the last few weeks. I would really like to help you guys some how if you would allow me to:) Could you please email me at deedee1784@yahoo.com? Thanks!
Post a Comment