We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Giant Letdown

So Isaac went "Nil by Mouth" or "NPO" (which means nothing by mouth) at midnight last night. They started and IV and today we suffered with him as we waited for our surgery. They said between 3-6pm they would come up to get him. Well 7pm rolled around and I knew something was up.

Phyllis, Dr. Tolo's head nurse came up with that look on her face. Our surgery got bumped for a liver transplant. I'm glad someone got their new liver but I have to say my son suffered through the entire day with NOTHING to eat or drink. He was miserable. And it was ALL for nothing.

So Dr. Tolo, Dr. Woody (I have no idea how to spell his real name but this is what we call him), and Phyllis will be coming in on Saturday morning to do Isaac's second surgery. So that is where we are. I've uploaded some photos from day one to now. Some are hard to look at but well that's life right now! Keep us in prayer as we get all pumped up for surgery again on Saturday!

Shot the night before surgery!

Getting ready to go up to Pre-Op!

Scott with his kids and Isaac!

Checking to make sure G-Ma's heart was working.

I think he might have had a little bit of the happy juice at this point!

Right before they gave him the "happy juice"!

Waiting 5 hours in!
Still waiting 9 hours in!

Right out of 14 hour surgery!

Day 1 in ICU... Just took out breathing tubes.

Day 2 in the ICU... trying to smile!

Day 3 in the ICU...

First time in Brace... this is still hard everytime!

Not too happy with me...


10 comments:

Matt and Lindsey said...

I'm so sorry that Isaac had to go through that today! I hope they gave him a big delicious dinner to comfort his hungry belly! Looking forward to hearing about a successful surgery on Saturday. Praying for his speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Hope today is a little better.

missy said...

Just wanted to drop you note and let you know, we are still praying for you and Isaac. I'm so sorry about your day yesterday. I've got a little something for Isaac, I'm just a slacker at getting it in the mail. Hopefully it will come at just the right time.
Hang in there mamma.

Love,
Missy

Anonymous said...

MAN! I would have been so cranky with nothing to eat all day - poor kid. I'll bet he handled it better than I would have. It was great to see the pictures of him and to know he's still...Isaac.
:0)

Apryl said...

Praying for you and your son--that tomorrow surgery would go well and he will have a fast recovery. I appreciate your pictures, as it's helped my daughter (whose back looks similar to Isaac's pre-surgery photo) and the rest of my kids seeing another little kid with pott's.

Our family continues to pray for you both!
apryl

Stephanie M said...

I am sooooo sorry - what a BUMMER! I H-A-T-E having N-P-O!!! Seriously.

Anonymous said...

so sorry about getting bumped! you guys are in my thoughts!!!

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn and Isaac, hang in there! You don't even know me Jocelyn, but you and your son are always on my thoughts and prayers since I stumbled on your blog. My family, church friends and I will be praying for Isaac's surgery tomorrow. God bless you and Isaac.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are amazing, i can't wait to see him running around! We are praying for this amazing guy!

Tara said...

I have been following your journey for months and just wanted you to know that we are thinking about you and Isaac often and are praying for him lots!!