We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

We need to see progress~Day 3

12:30pm~So I just found out that during the molding for the vest, Isaac bent both legs at the knee. My mom wasn't there when it happened, but the nurse told her when she came back in. Also the CT scan that was suppose to take 2 minutes took 1.5 hours because Isaac couldn't stay still. They finally had to put him out completely with a general so they could get it done. So he's out for the next few hours. So now we wait for the results and too see if he can continue to move both his legs. But this is amazing that he moved his legs.

10:49~ Psalms 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

This is one of my favorite verses, and it makes a lot of sense to me right now... I just got a call from my mom. They did the mold for his vest (he wasn't too happy with this), and they took out his Arterial line, so he is a bit more comfortable. They are taking him down for his CT scan as we speak so this should tell us more!

8:42 am~ I'm so sorry it has been so long between updates. Yesterday was a long day in the ICU. But last night we had some visitors come by that really made us all feel better. After they left we had a hard night. I got a few hours of sleep but ended up laying my head on his bed holding his hand b/c he kept waking up and if I wasn't there he got scared so they would call me back in. I finally just stayed.


He lost two more IV's last night. They started to bleed really bad so they took them out. They started a new one (it only took 2 tries, which is great considering that Isaac is still completely swollen and his veins are impossible to see!)

We have had no progress as far as the legs. They are exactly the same as they were. His right leg is moving a little less than it was yesterday but I think that is more because he's stiff and swollen then anything else. His left leg has muscle flickering and he can move his big toe, but that's it.

Today they are hoping to remove his A-Line which will help him be more comfortable, they're doing a mold for his brace, and he has to have a CT. They want to see what is going on in there to see if surgery is necessary.

So that's about it. I'm exhausted, and at work... so I'm hoping to bust some work out fast and go back (I'm about 1/2 mile from the hospital so I'm close!) Please just continue to pray that we see some progress in his legs today. Other than his legs he is doing really really well. He is right on track to have a normal fast recovery except for the legs. So that is the focus... more to come as my mom calls me today!

12 comments:

Ohilda said...

Lifting your little man up in prayer....

Ohilda

Carey said...

Praying hard

Matt and Lindsey said...

I love your 12:30 update! His feisty side is coming out! :) Woo Hoo! I'm thrilled to hear that he has movement in his legs! I'm sorry they had to put him out for the CT, but so glad that he's moving around. Still praying for complete mobility for Isaac and tons of peace for you! I'm glad that your mom could come out to be there for you guys! You are blessed!

Paul and DeeDee said...

Hi, I just found your blog yesterday and have pretty much read the entire thing. Yep i'm a stalker:) We are praying for you and your son! Wish we could do more....

Holly said...

I am so moved by the power of God in the lives of both Isaac and Emmanuel. Trusting Him to see you all through this and for His GLORY to be manifested through two small but mighty little Liberian warriors!!
Love,
Holly

Melissa said...

Wahoo! Your little guy is a fighter. So glad to hear a good update, when an update was a long time coming hubby and I were getting concerned. Praising God with you and keeping you both in our prayers.

Angel said...

I am SOOOO glad he bent his legs. That is great news. Thanks for the update. I know you must be EXHAUSTED. I wish I was closer so I could help. Angel

Ashley said...

Praying for you! Keep trusting in God--He is the ultimate healer!

Jennifer said...

Still lifting you both up in prayer! What an amazing miracle...

Marianne said...

Joycelyn,
I am keeping you and Isaac in my prayers. Hang in there.
Marianne

Cindy said...

Many prayers for you both!

Cindy in WV

Heart4Adoption said...

Praying for you and Isaac - God will be glorified:)