We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, July 28, 2008

...and sometimes you lie!

So I know what you all are thinking. It's never okay to Lie! I know I know, but sometimes you have to. To make a child laugh and dance for the first time in weeks, a little lie does the trick. This weekend Isaac began to slowly come out of his shell. The pain in his spine is getting to be more manageable, so it's easier for him to move his upper body. His mood was lighter and he seemed a bit happier. But there was a moment when sheer joy broke through and well there was a lie attached to it.

A dear friend of mine sent me a video called "where the hell is Matt?" I watched it and laughed out loud... then I showed it to Isaac.





I told him that this guy was dancing all over the world for him. That until he could dance again, this guy was doing it for him. Isaac laughed out loud, then started to shake his body in bed and dance to the music.

It was a moment of break through, that we have needed so badly. I hope that you enjoy this video as much as we did! Do us a favor, do a little dance for my son today. Put on the music and dance for him. Cause right now he can't dance like he use to, but you can do it for him!

14 comments:

Tara said...

I think that was a wonderful reason to lie! Great idea mom! And I LOVE the video!

Anonymous said...

.
God bless your little man. Unlike standard Multiculturalism dogma which says we should celebrate our cultural differences, Matt and his dancing videos illustrate what instead we should celebrate at least just as much if not more, our similarities, what we as humans of all cultures share in common.

Tears of joy! Incredible video. Dance everybody, dance! Matt is cool, it’s good to see that he’s still out there cruising around. Leave him a comment about his evil dancing. LOL! I’m sure he’ll appreciate it. Great job Matt! Stay safe out there! Keep dancing!
.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
outlaw ALL dancing

moving bodies to music
must be seen as evil

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
rock and roll is evil

it's the devil's best music
and dancing to it is sin

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
only Earthlings may dance

it is simply forbidden
elsewhere in the Universe

.
Famous 'Where is Matt' Dancing Videos!
.
Matt Was in New York City!
.
Philosophy of Liberty Cartoon
.
USpace

:)
.

Wendy said...

That is not a lie. That is creative-parenting! As a Mommy, you do what ya gotta do, and it seems like you did wonderfully!!! Tell Isaac that we will all be dancing for him today and I will try and get some video and blog it so he can see for real. (Try being the operative word as I am no techno-pro) But we will definitely be dancing!!

Anonymous said...

This is a silly question. But since you're an editor, was Matt really at all those places or was it an editing thingy???
Carey

Jocelyn said...

he was really there! It was a real deal that a gum company payed for him to go do this!

J

Brandi said...

Ok, I totally commented on Matt's blog and told him about this! Now, he may ACTUALLY be dancing for Isaac!

Bran

Anonymous said...

Isaac were dancing for you!!!!!!!!!

Your in our prayers and we can't wait to see you dancing again soon!!!=)

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

You made your son laugh when he's been miserable and nobody got hurt - no harm, no foul. Isaac - dance, baby, dance!

Sharon

Deb said...

We will be dancing for Issacc until he can dance for himself. We did a slow dance tonight at bed time


Love and hugs to you,
Deb and Little Bug

Angel said...

We danced for Isaac on our blog. Check it out. Love you guys. Angel

Ellie said...

We are dancing for Issac!

Follow this link, and it is at the bottom!

http://guatangels.blogspot.com/2008/08/fff-bad-hair-day.html

Hugs and Prayers...

Ellie

Unknown said...

This dancing video is amazing, it just make you smile from your heart, I wish I can do something like this and bring the world a bit closer together.

See you soon! =)

Anonymous said...

I have emailed Matt a link to this post because I think he would be glad to know that he is inspiring healing!

Ohilda said...

I love it! Please tell your sweet little man that there are many of us dancing for him in Florida!