We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Surgery and Room Changes

So it looks like they are going back in tomorrow. Dr. Tolo should be stopping by this afternoon to give us all the info. They need to get that screw replaced before it causes more issues. Also we have moved rooms. We are now in room 610B... We have been hoping to get out of our room because we are sharing with a little guy who has some serious poop (like can't breath in the room poop!) and cries at night. Well they needed to put him in isolation so we got booted and guess what we got moved to another room with another baby.

God is so teaching me patience with all this. I know I should be laughing at the irony, but all I can do is pray that this little guy sleeps all the time and doesn't stink up the room. I'm so jealous of Charity and her private room. Where is Dr. Knott-Craig when I need him! Oh well. Next week we will be over in the "Dome" which is the PT area and it's so much quieter and friendlier.

Well that's it for now. Pray for tomorrow that the surgery is successful and that it doesn't cause anymore damage. I'll update my blog tomorrow when it's over!

6 comments:

Tasha Kent said...

All my prayers are directed to you both!


Jocelyn, we briefly spoke on the phone a few months ago and I'm the one that sent you some soaps, etc. for the orphanage. My non-blogging (aka 'real') name is Melissa. In any case, I have cases of soaps, etc. if your projects could use them. Let me know. My email is uzbekubet@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jocelyn - you are a wonderful mom! Isaac, you are my hero! I'm glad that things are going so well and hope that this continues to progress quickly and well.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn, I stumbled on your blog today--we are currently starting on our adoption journey and I have started reading adoption blogs. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am praying for both you and Isaac--for a quick recovery for Isaac and for strength for you as you take care of your son during his recovery. May the Lord shine His face upon you and Isaac. You are an amazing mom and I thank God for entrusting you with Isaac.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would have thought they would have had more private rooms than that! Hang in there, trust that God is putting you exactly where you're supposed to be. Will be praying on Friday for you both!!! What time is Paula leaving???? Love ya!! Denise

Angela H said...

Prayers are being sent to you and to Isaac by the H family. I am sure that God will hear them.

Angela H.

Andrea said...

Hi, Jocelyn,

I have been following your blog as I am single and about to begin foster parenting/adoption. I am praying for you and Isaac. May Jesus fill you with strength and fill Isaac with healing.

I was in Liberia last October and met Charity. It's a beautiful country and part of me is still there.
Love from,
Andrea