So yesterday was an amazing day. Isaac was Isaac again. Making jokes, playing, doing "homework" (aka school work... he loves kindergarten/1st grade workbooks), wearing his brace, going to the playroom, moving his legs! It's a beautiful thing to see.
He spent almost the entire day sitting up in bed coloring and playing, then he passed out around 10pm! He woke up late this morning and after fighting us to put his brace on, with the help of the PT gal Laura, he stood up for the first time since surgery!
I have to say I have seen some of the most beautiful pieces of art work in the world, I've watched award winning movies, and I've listen to Beethoven, and NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compared to watching my son stand at his bedside a solid 1.5 inches taller and count to 10 before crawling, yes you heard me crawling back into bed! It was the most amazing beautiful sight to watch that happen! His strength amazes me!
The surgery really did work. He doesn't have pain on his left side anymore, which is a huge asset to getting him up and moving. We should be moving to "the Dome" tomorrow or Wednesday! So we are excited by that, and we are praying and begging God to have us out of the hospital by August 14th, so that we can fly home to Philly on the 16th and spend a week and a half visiting family before starting 1st grade!
So that's what we are asking God for. I truly do believe in miracles! I really really do!
11 comments:
yippee!!! I am so thankful for this great news!!! Well done, Isaac!
Praise God! That is incredible news! I'm glad Isaac is healing so nicely and is back to being his sweet self! :)
Praising the Lord with you over this wonderful news!
sooo great!!!!! Oh what good news, Thank you Father!!!! Thank you Lord!!! your light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter!! Love, Denise
wow jocelyn, we are so happy to hear the news of isaac, that he has stood up! we were praying that he could just stand and take joy in just being able to stand there! i believe in miracles too!
julie
Praise YOU, Jesus! Oh, Thank you SOOO much Lord!!!!! You are so good! Keep on working in this little man. May he be a testimony to you all the days of his life and may his mama see your fingerprints all over her world this week and draw right up into her Abba's lap and snuggle in!
Love you,
Bran
AWESOME! I'm so glad he's doing better. That guy's going to be ripping down the slopes this winter.
I don't know you, but I stumbled on your blog, and as a single woman, you inspire me. When I stop being such a workaholic, I plan to follow in your footsteps.
God is good!!!! So glad to hear that Isaac is doing so much better. We continue to keep him in our prayers.
You guys ROCK! You go Isaac - you are AWESOME!
Sharon
So happy to hear the good news. You have done a great thing for this child Jocelyn. Hope all your dreams come true.
We were away and I just checked in...this is amazing news!!! We live in the outskirts of Philly and I have 2 little soon to be 1st graders ( and 2 Liberians!!) who would love to meet the little man they have been praying for...I know your family is of course the purpose for your visit but didn't know if you'd be up for a visit at the park or a visit to our home ??/Just email me...
Blessings,Kathi
bailliemk@yahoo.com
Post a Comment