We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

7 Days and Counting

Really cute new hair cut, Check

Malaria Meds, Check

$500 in $5, $10, and $1's, Check (by the way huge wad of cash, don't know how to carry???)

Insanely cute bathing suit for beach day with Isaac, Check

So I have 7 days until I get on a plane and head to Liberia. I'll spend 25 hours traveling there (three of which, will be a layover in Brussels, good time to charge Ipod.) Then I will arrive in Liberia at 6:50 pm on Friday night. Hopefully I'll sleep all night in the insane heat, and then meet my baby on Saturday.

Besides the insane excitement I'm feeling about the fact that I'm meeting my son, in seven days, I'm also going to Africa. A place I've dreamed about since I was 9 years old. This trip is along time going.

And I'm MEETING MY SON!!!!

2 comments:

International Mommy said...

Nice new do' ! I like it!!
I am excited that you are leaving in 1 week!
Charity

Jamie said...

Jocelyn,

Your new haircut IS super cute! I love it!

-Jamie in Oregon :0)