We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tag I'm It...

So today Isaac arrived at the Sheppard’s house in a green van. We ate lunch walked over to the new guest house, came back to the Sheppard’s, went swimming (where Isaac almost dies, because he fell off his float and went nuts under the water, making his rescue hard, but he recovered quickly).

Then he went with me to the grocery store to get food for the guest house for dinner. They haven’t hooked up the electricity or water, so we have to cook on a coal-pot stove and sleep in the heat…UGH, I’m not looking forward to that.

While we were hanging out today Isaac kept asking when the green van was going to come to take him back to the orphan house. So I thought that he was a little more ready for it than he was last time. We got back from shopping and had to take the green van back to the Sheppard’s house so we could eat dinner. Isaac saw the van and started to hyperventilate. I had to calm him down and assure him that though he had to go back to the orphan house later, right now was not that time, and that we had to go eat dinner. He finally calmed down, and once at the Sheppard’s they told me, that Isaac was spending the night. When they told him, he got to sleep with me, he put on my sunglasses and started to dance which I have on tape. It is awesome. Then the mood got grim when they said it was just for tonight. He said okay and I just put him to bed.

He is so cute when he sleeps; you know I’ll be taking photos of that.

Any how, I’ve been tagged by Amy (Mama’s Mama) I love to say that. Anyways, I have to tell 7 unknown facts about me. For my family, you may be bored by this, but here goes nothing.

1. I have a soft spot in my heart for Big Girls, since I use to be one. I’ve lost 65 pounds this year, so my outside has changed, but I’ll always be a big girl at heart.

2. I think I’m going to buy some land in Topanga Canyon, CA and put an Air-stream trailer on it (until I have the money to build a house), and Isaac and I will live in a trailer for a few years. I think it will be an adventure.

3. Amy gave me the courage to say this: I don’t shave the upper half of my legs, I have light blonde leg hair, and I feel it is being a bad steward of my time when I shave anything above the knee…What is the point, you can’t see in anyways. I have better things to do.

4. I work as a TV editor. Work is actually a strong word since at any given time you will find me on the internet or talking to my mom on my cell phone. I get paid a lot of money to goof off, but when I do actually work, I show my worth. I’m great at what I do.

5. I love to eat the single serve Ben & Jerry’s chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream even though it has 290 calories per container.

6. I turned 25 years old on April 8, 2007 two months after I started Isaac’s adoption.

7. I use to greatly respect Angelina Jolie and wanted to be just like her, now I wonder if she is just collecting children from around the world, for kicks and giggles. I really hope she isn’t. Now I just want to be me.

And like Amy I’ going for an 8th one…

8. I have hands down the sweetest, most handsome, funny, loveable son on the face of the earth!!!

6 comments:

Michelle Maher said...

I have goosebumps at the thought of you getting to watch your son sleep and seeing his smile first thing when he wakes up! I am so excited for you Jocelyn!!

Sintari said...

Thanks for playing!!! Those were fun to read! :)
I'm so happy for you and Isaac, spending this time together.
AOH moved huge mountains to get Mama's adoption completed in only a month, so hopefully you'll be back in Liberia before you know it, to bring that boy home!

Faith said...

So cute Jocelyn! I can't wait to see the pics of Isaac sleeping. I loved reading all the facts too!
Blessings, Faith

Dale said...

I always know I can count on you to brighten my day. I wake up, grab my coffee, and check your blog site. Thank you for posting every day. I'm really praying for Isaac when you have to leave. His little heart will break for awhile. Hopefully it will be very soon that you will be getting him for good! In Christ, Kim

Becky Avella said...

It was so fun learning more about you. Thanks for sharing....even if your family has heard it all before, it sure was fun for the rest of us. Congratulations on your weightloss. I am a little over half-way through my goal of losing forty, and sometimes I don't think I can make it all the way through to my goal. It's hard work. : ) You are such a strong woman and you inspire me!

I was just praying for you and Isaac this morning. You are on my heart and mind so much. You two belong together. I'm so excited to see your story unfold and the many ways that God is going to bless you both.

Love,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn! We have been loving your journal of your time there! My kids can't wait to check it everyday! Praying for you and Isaac, daily! Love, Denise