We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

2 days and a scary phone call


So I have 2 days till I travel and today I got a scary phone call. Donna called, because they got back tests results from a visit Isaac had with a doctor in Liberia. He has tested positive for Hep B. It appears that he isn't jaundice, and his liver seems to be fine, so they have no reason to believe that it is active Hep B.


So that's good, I guess as good as it can be if your child has Hep B. Also they believe that there might be pockets of TB still in his spine. He has an internal infections that they can't identify nor treat without a CT scan and biopsy.

The doctor asked when Isaac was coming to the US, and they said 6-9 months. He told Melodie that was too long. So now they are trying to get his adoption onto the May list instead of the June list, which would put him home in 3 months or so. The doctor said that would be okay, but that Isaac needs treatment ASAP.


Donna said, of course I could deny Isaac if I wanted since he has the Hep B and his condition is a bit more serious then they believed it was before. I almost laughed out loud. There is no way Hep B, TB, spinal deformities or anything else would keep me from adopting Isaac.

I believe the devil tries to break people, when they are walking in God's will for their lives, and he knows that going after me, is a waste of time, so he is going after the one that is more important to me that anyone else. He is going after my son.


And that is a mistake.

So pray for my baby, that he stays healthy enough until I can get home, and get him to the hospital.

3 comments:

Sintari said...

Oh, Jocelyn! I will be praying hard for Isaac. You are a strong woman, and I admire you. Isaac is in such good hands with you. And even when you feel weak, God will be holding you up through it all.
And I'm so excited for your trip! You and Isaac are in my prayers.

Faith said...

Jocelyn, praying for you little guy and also for your trip! May Isaac be home VERY soon, stay healthy and strong, and your stuff get finished quickly to bring him HOME!
Blessings, Faith

Brandi said...

Jocelyn, I came across your blog a couple of weeks ago, but have kept my distance b/c my husband wasn't ready with an answer! Well, we decided this weekend to adopt from Liberia through AoH!!! So, here I am drinking my fill from your blogs. Yes, there are tears streaming down my face as Isaac says, "yo my ma? " Oh my dear, I can't even handle it! Thank you for your blogging and sharing your heart. I will be praying for you in this time. My prayer is that the God of the universe will hold you both in His hands!