Just so you all know I have posted twice today, since I couldn’t post yesterday. You can read last night’s post below the following post.So today was a nasty dirty day. Melodie, Sydney, and I cleaned out a storage room at the baby orphanage that had the biggest spiders I have ever seen. We all got so nasty; I can’t even begin to tell you. We took a break and went to a hut down the street and had bread with mayo for lunch, with Fanta soda…it cost us .45 cents. Believe it or not, it hit the spot. Then we went back and got all nasty again, and finished the job. I have never in my life, been so sweaty, and dirty, it was so gross.
Then we went and got Isaac from the bigger orphan house and took him, Bosco, and Rasheed (whose parents are coming in on Sunday) for Ice Cream. Isaac was so excited when he saw me, he ran up, then pretended like it was no big deal. It was so funny. We got our ice cream, and then took Isaac to the guest house with us. I gave him a bath, since he was nasty as well. As he got dressed he sang “if you’re happy and you know it say Amen.” I almost died, it was so funny.
We are going to try and convince Patty to bring Boo Boo the chimp to the guest house. He is so bored and lonely at the baby orphanage…he is so cute; he has his own little house, and would probably be happier around more people.
Last night I got to sleep in a room with air conditioning. It was so great. I slept like a baby. Tonight Isaac will be freezing. He has never slept in a room with A/C. I’m excited that I have him for a cuddle buddy.
Tomorrow, a few of us are going to the ELW compound to go to the beach, and also to celebrate Sydney’s 19th birthday. It should be a nice lazy day. I’ll post more photo and an update tomorrow.
I can’t believe I’m leaving Liberia in 5 days. This trip has flown by. I just pray Isaac’s adoption can go by quickly and without issues. I want him home as soon as possible. I don’t know how I will live the next few months without his smile.

2 comments:
I love your pictures!! I am so glad that Aries and Issac are so wonderful together...I just love her so much.Are you sure that you and Issac don't want to move to NC???
"If you're happy and you know it say AMEN!" -and Jocelyn screams, "AMEN!!!!!!" You are glowing!!! You both look so happy...
We will join with you to pray for a one month miracle!!!
Love, Denise
--what is the "ELW" compound?
Post a Comment