We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Last night's blog...


Hey all, last night I couldn't post so here is my post I wanted to send.


Last night Isaac spent the night with me. When he finally realized that he was really spending the night with me and sleeping with me in bed, he did an actually happy dance. He got into some soft shorts to sleep in and I finally got him to fall asleep. I took a bunch of photos of him sleeping. He is so cute.

Then this morning he was up at like 6:30am…of course I was still trying to sleep. We got up and I helped him shower, then I packed up my stuff to move down the road to the guest house. Isaac went with a sullen look with Melodie back to the orphan house. He wasn’t happy, but seemed to handle it a little better. Tomorrow (Friday) he will come over to be with me and spend the night till Saturday when we will be going to the ELW compound on the beach for Sydney’s birthday. Then Isaac will go back to the orphan house till Tuesday (so he’ll have two days without me). Then Tuesday he will come over and spend the night with me till Wednesday, when I will take him to the orphan house myself, because that is when I leave.

Just thinking about next Wednesday is making me so upset. I can’t stand the idea that I will have to leave. I want to take him with me now, but I know that it isn’t God time. So I’ll have to deal and wait for his adoption and passport to be ready to go. I’m praying for a one month miracle, so that he can come home soon.

So I’m officially at the guest house. It is so nice. They should have the electric hooked up by tonight, which will be good, but there is no running water or stove yet, so Sydney and I are going native. Everything should be up and going by the time you all get in. For now we are cooking on a coal pot, which mean we are burning a lot of stuff, but it is all good. I look at it as an adventure. Not to mention I have enough Cheese-itz with me to last me the rest of my trip. So I won’t starve.

I am really going to miss Liberia when I leave. I love the people, and it’s a beautiful country. I really can’t say that I’ve had a bad experience here at all. I can’t wait to come back here in a few years to bring Isaac for a visit. I’m thinking he and I will tour the West African Coast one day. I want him to see Africa through the eyes, of someone who hasn’t grown up all their lives there. I hope and pray he will be a man of compassion and love for those who aren’t as fortunate as he is.

I just found out that Isaac took going back to the orphan house today like a champ. Melodie, said that he went and told all the other children, about getting to sleep with his white Ma. He asked Melodie when he gets to see his white Ma again. She said that he is really starting to take this back and forth well, and she feels he will be sad, but fine when I leave on Wednesday, which makes me feel so much better.

1 comment:

Sintari said...

Oh, it's so good to hear these stories! :) Thank you for taking the time to share all of it with us!
The pictures are adorable. I just love them all. You two belong together! :)