
So today was a work day. One of the things I’m doing here is I’m sorting books. AOH has been given 100,000 books. Some of the books will stay with AOH, some will be at the National Liberian Library, and the others will be given to villagers. So I have the daunting task to sort them into group and re-boxing them, so they can get to where they need to be.So this morning, I decided that I would not see Isaac today. I wanted to give him a day at the orphanage without me, and I will see him all day tomorrow. Melodie said that when she took her grandparents (who Isaac met yesterday) to the visit the orphanage today, Isaac walked around with a smug look on his face saying, “I know them”. He felt very special and spent the whole time showing off his soccer skill for them.
So it appears that last night was hard, but he was able to move on, which is great to know. Apparently, there have been two or three other parents that have come to visit there children, but then had to leave them, till the adoption as finished, and one of the girls at the orphanage now, went up to Melodie and said, “I want my ma to visit me like Isaac’s ma”
So parents, it’s crazy expensive, but I have to say that this experience so far has been so worth the cost and time. I’m getting to see a side of Liberia that you don’t get to see, when you come to get your children. I’m able to see the city in a different way. Today I went to lunch with Selina and her mom Bobby (Selina and her husband are from Dubai, and Selina and her mother Bobby are waiting here in Liberia for their daughter’s passport to get signed).
We went to a restaurant on the beach and had lunch. I’m going to go back on Friday with Isaac so that he can play in the sand at lunch. I think he’ll really like it. It’s nice to get out into town and see the Liberian people in there everyday life.
I found out that Isaac comes from the Liberian Tribe called the Kru tribe. They are the tribe in Liberia that are the fishermen and love the water, which I figure is why he loved the pool so much. I was told that Liberian in general don’t like the water except for the Kru tribe.
So that explains a lot.
Well I need to go scrubs some clothes…I officially don’t have any clean skirts…so talk soon, and I’ll update again tomorrow.




5 comments:
Thank you for posting all this! I love it! Isaac is such a beautiful child! Enjoy your journey! God bless!
JN
Tag! You're it!
You have to share 7 little-known facts about yourself and then tag 7 more people. :)
Since you have more important things to write about now, I'm sure it can wait. But I'm dying to read more about YOU! :)
- Amy
Such great pictures! My kids loved looking at them and said how happy Isaac looked. I wish I was there with you to help with the library, it's right up my alley (plus the part about seeing my kids ;)). Thank you for the Mother's Day note about the boys, I read it outloud to the whole family and my mom started crying along with me. That was a priceless gift, thank you. Our family continues to pray for you! And we want to see ALL the pictures once you get home.
Blessings, Faith
I just keep thinking about what a gift you are going to be able to give to Isaac as he gets older, an understanding of Liberia that most of us don't have. You'll be able to help him remember and I'm sure you'll have great pictures for him when he gets homesick.
Hey, I love these pics of you guys together. They are so cute and candid.
PS I was trying to post a comment earlier and it turned into an email, so disregard that one
Zeona
Post a Comment