So being the guinea pig of the guest house, has taken it’s toll. I have blown up my computer adapter, because the Liberian “electrician” had 440V of electricity coming into the house. Now apparently that is WAY too much. So I couldn’t post last night because my laptop wasn’t charged.So I’ll play catch-up today. Yesterday (Sunday) I went to Liberian Church with the Sheppard’s…it was SOOOOOO long…then we headed to “Virginia Beach” to visit a friend named Lloyd, who has the most amazing beach compound. We went swimming is his crystal blue pool, while the ocean breeze cooled everything down. They cooked a huge dinner and about 100 people showed up. It was a lot of fun, and the neat thing is I got a glimpse of what Liberia was like before the war, and what it could be again.
Today (Monday) Melodie brought Isaac and his best friend Mawalo over to spend the night with me. Isaac has come out of his shell with his friend around. I’ve started to see Isaac when he isn’t happy with me. He doesn’t like to be told what to do, but then again what 7 year old does. I can already see this will take a lot of patience to deal with, but that was to be expected.
I did finally buy him a drum from Luscious’ (works for AOH) friend. He makes the most beautiful drums. Go through him if you want to buy a drum…they are the best ones you can get here. Isaac and Mawalo just went nuts playing it. It was so much fun to watch.
Tonight at dinner, I gave Isaac and Mawalo some pineapple after they had finished their pasta. Isaac said thank you, but when sweet quiet Mawalo, didn’t say anything Isaac looked at him and said, “say thank you” so Mawalo said, “thank you”, then Isaac looked at me, and said “God bless you” it was so funny, I almost died.
So it has been pretty much laid back. I spent 5 hours today just watching my son play with his friend, and I didn’t even feel the time pass.
In 2 days I will get on a plane, and leave my son in Africa. The sorrow that I feel is beginning to overwhelm me. I know that Isaac will be fine. He believes me when I tell him I’ll be back soon. But mine sadness, is taking over. I don’t know what to do with it.

3 comments:
Have you ever heard the Third Day song "Cry out to Jesus?" Dump that sadness at the foot of the cross...you have filled up your little boy's "love tank" and God will make it last him till he sees you later this summer! Remember, we're praying for the one month miracle!
I burst out laughing when he said "God bless you" at the dinner table...how adorable!
Jocelyn-
Kojo and I look at your blog everyday! He loves Isaac! and loves seeing you with him(since he met you!). I so know your heartache, in regard to having to leave Isaac there. You have had so much time with him, which is so great!!!! This will benefit you both when he is finally ready to come home! You're in our thoughts and prayers as you prepare to get on that plane. I don't know if you will see Nyenna(Nyenpu) again or not...if you do please tell her that Kojo is home and getting the house ready for her and Titus. That we love her and are asking Jesus to bring her home quickly! (or your modified version of all that!). I'm so excited to hear all about your trip!
lots of Love,
Laurie
Jocelyn,
Micah turned 2 months old today, and I'm feeling a bit low, so I'm with you in the sadness! I opened up my Bible this morning, and "randomly" turned to Proverbs 13:12: "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." I hope that brings you some comfort, like it did me! Thanks so much again for your posts, with which I am enthralled!!!
Love,
Jamie :0)
Post a Comment