We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's a beautiful day


So last night Isaac slept with me again. Can I say one more time how cute my kid is when he sleeps.

We woke up and he helped me clean the floors in the guest house, (he likes to sweep, yeah me I've scored, a boy who likes to clean). Then we went to the ELWA compound, which is a beach front compound for the people who work at the ELWA hospital. It is really the only safe beach to swim at. Sydnee (who works for AOH) turned 19 today, so we all went to the water and then out to dinner to party it up. Isaac laughed out loud the whole time I held him in the ocean, he was so excited. Everyone just hung out around him, because he was so cute.

Then I had to take Isaac back to the orphan house till Monday when I will pick him up and keep him till I leave. I was expecting him to be sad, but when we got there he just jumped out of the van and waved by, yelling, "by ma see you soon". It makes me happy to know that he is trusting me to come back, which is making the back and forth easier.

We have Internet up at the guest house, and it is so fast. We are still working on running water, but don't worry all, it isn't too bad and there is plenty of water to take care of you. And we have a generator for the A/C at night. It is a beautiful thing.

A few things you will all want to pack. PJ for the kids, they freeze in the room with A/C...it is WAY too cold for them. They will appreciate the PJ to keep them warm at night. Pixxy sticks. The kids love Pixxy sticks. They dump it on their hands and lick their hands clean. You won't regret these two simple things.

Anyways, I better get going. I need to go sleep in my Air Conditioned room. He He!!!

2 comments:

International Mommy said...

What a cutie!! And I see Target bubbles in the background of that last picture! Thanks for the tips and I am SO relieved that Isaac will do ok with the seperation. Talk to you soon!
Charity

Michelle Maher said...

I'm off to buy all of the Pixy Stix in town!! Thanks for that tip, Jocelyn.