We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, September 3, 2012

T-Minus 15 hours!!!

Well slap me silly and call me pinky, the time has come.  The wait is over... 


In just about 15 hours we will be loading up the car and heading to JFK airport.

When I went to get Isaac, our plane was the one all the way in the back and we were 6 hours delayed leaving JFK.  I am hopeful this will not be the case this time around!


The house is clean, the laundry is done, the dog is washed, the cats are confused, the boy child is putting on his brave face, the wills are signed, the POA is being notarized, freezer meals are frozen, Isaac's schedule is on the fridge, and we are just about off!

This has been a long 2 year journey of ups and downs, hopes and dreams coming to fruition then being dashed, only to come back again.

Holy Jesus in heaven this is finally going down.  I would like to take this moment and thank all of you that prayed for this adoption, donated your money, and believed and stood by us as we take on this adventure once again.  Without you we would not be here today, packed and ready to go!  There is nothing like an adoption to show you who your real family and friends are.  Those that stand by you even when they think you are a tad nuts!

So thank you dear, dear friends, I promise to update as we go!

2 comments:

Raising a Liberian daughter said...

good luck and God Speed.
Have a safe journey and enjoy meeting Jack.

Roaming Gnomes said...

I am so exited fort you J! You have been a rock for me during these last few months! I cannot wait to follow your journey!!!