We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

HIVES!!!!

So we are 5 days out and though most people would be freaking out and stressing, I feel cool as a cucumber.  At least my mind is cool as a cucumber, my body on the other hand is NOT.  I have a chronic hive issue.  Basically, when my body get's stressed, this can be caused by doing the dishes, mowing the lawn, shaking a hand (there is NO rhyme of reason to it) my body will react and produce a hive.


That's a hive and it freaking hurts.  It burns, itches, swells, hurts, and the worst part is you never know where on the body it will show up.  You face, ears, eyes, arms, legs, stomach... it just shows up and hurts for 24-48 hours then it goes away, and sometimes it shows up somewhere else.


This is what I look like when they hit my face!  I kid you not, ask my friends.

The only way to deal with it is to pump your body full of steroids and antihistamines.  Which then make you tired and miserable.

So sure enough with 5 days left, though truthfully with a load of laundry we could leave tomorrow (I am so on this) I wake up with hands covered in hives.  My body is completely freaking out on me, my mind is like "hell yeah, CHINA!!!!"

So I figure I have 5 days to get this crap under control, because there is nothing worse than having hives while traveling.  Ask my friends who have gone to Haiti with me and have seen what happens!

5 days till we board a plane, 5 days till we are in our son's home country, 5 days till this wait is over, 5 days to wage war on my hives!

4 comments:

I'm Melissa said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I remember when this happened out here and we just wanted you to say "Hey you guuuuuys". At least it's happening now so that's a plus! I will pray they leave and don't come back for a while.

JJ said...

Ugh. Good luck getting them under control. I'm counting down those five days with you. Very exciting.

International Mommy said...

Yes, you get hives like a boss.
So excited for you guys...get that Benadryl in you so you can E-N-J-O-Y!

Charity

International Mommy said...

Yes, you do get Haitian hives like a boss. Don't worry...soon you'll be a family and your face will be back to normal <3. We love you!! Good luck!!!!!!!!

Charity