Today we had a little bit of a late start since our adoption guide got stuck in bad traffic. But it was cool because by the time we got to civil affairs the chick from the orphanage was late too, so no harm no foul. We got to watch as our son wrote a statement saying that he wanted to be adopted by us. He was so excited he messed up and had to start again. I cried, I won't lie, this was the moment I feared. I have heard stories of kids not signing and parents going home broken and alone. But not us.
Then we headed to the temple of heaven. Jack told our guide it was something he always wanted to see. We brought an old point and shoot camera for him, and it has been awesome. He loves to take photos. He doesn't just point and shoot at random, he sets his photos up, then takes it, then reviews it, just like his dad. Watching the two of them do this all through the park was hysterical.
After we were done, we went to KFC for lunch. The boy LOVES chicken! He ordered a huge double chicken sandwich and little pie and scarfed it down. Then we saw a pair of sunglasses (you will see below) and he was in love. I couldn't say no, only he can make these look cool.
After shopping and lunch we went back to the hostel to just hang out. Did I mention how amazing this kid is. We played this Korean ball game we found at the ToH, played with Obama the puppy, took more photos, then took a walk to find some noodles and wine.
He ate a big bowl of noodles then started to look like he was going to pass out. So bed time it was. We didn't know if he would want to sleep with us, so we brought a big pool float from wal-mart to make into a little Jack size air mattress. Last night he slept with us, but when I pulled that thing out and started to blow it up he went nuts. Christmas in the hutong. He helped me blow it up, and then made his bed. He was so excited he ran outside to show Steve. Then he promptly put on his jammies, went pee, brushed his teeth, went outside to say goodnight and went straight to bed. Did I mention I adopted superman?
Steve and I are in awe of this kid. He is beyond perfect for our family. So without further ado, today in photos (since I know that is what you want to see)!!!
Hutong Living
He learned from the best
always taking photos
he spent a little time this morning putting this lego car together, just from looking at the photo, he then had to photograph his perfect work
Oh the glasses
lunch
These two stop my heart!
Candle light dinner









6 comments:
KFC, Temple of Heaven - you're hitting all the hot spots we saw. I'm rewalking our steps through Beijing with you.
Jack is at least the third kid from Beijing #1 I know who walked out and barely looked back. Our own daughter has yet to shed a tear over leaving there. Not to say that I don't think she was well cared for - as orphanage care goes - but it wasn't the high point of her life.
Jack does indeed look like a perfect fit!!!
I LOOOOve the glasses and teeth. I can't wait to meet him.
Love the pictures and really love that all is well! Makes me so happy. He and Steve ate darling together!!
I am so happy for you and Jack Jack!!! He looks so happy and spirited!! Love the pics-really captures his personality! What a blessing!!!! Yay!!!
Wow, just very very cool.
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine how happy and thrilled you are, because I am and it's not even me experiencing all of this! Amazing!!!!!
Post a Comment