For years I have read about this giant brass Buddha in Hong Kong. I was fascinated and I can't really tell you why. It seemed so cool, so majestic. So today Steve and I set off on the HK subway in search of the statue. It was a lot easier to get around then I thought. The subway here is amazing. Super clean, easy to navigate. Everything was very straight forward. I really wish we had more time here.
Heading out
TST Station on Kowloon. This place is huge. Multiple city blocks!
This was NOT during rush hour (we hit that on the way back and it was insane, yet still very organized)
Looking a little hivey
The giant buddha bored the crap out of this woman
It was hot and this pool looked so nice
This guy was so freaking into himself
The two old ladies in the middle kept giving me the stink eye
on our way up to the Buddha
Ice Cream
glass bottom to the cable car. Amazing view
12,968 miles from home
This picture doesn't do it justice. It was huge, like bigger than the statue of liberty huge
making offerings to the Buddha
View from the Buddha
Behind these door rest some of the final remaining ashes of the Buddha
Po Lin
Entrance into the monastery
A Bodhi Tree Prayer for my family
The storm was heading our way
$5 lunch
We had to climb about 240 steps to get up to this thing. It was insane, but so worth every second. By the time we hit the subway to come home it was full on rush hour. We got back to the hotel right as it was starting to rain. We had hoped to hit the Temple Street Night Market, but by the time the rain stopped, I had passed out. I think the jet lag hit me today. I then woke up at 2 am and did laundry in the sink, while Steve finally fell asleep. Our schedules are very different. Today we are hoping to take the Star Ferry over to Central, the bus to Stanley Market, then a taxi to Aberdeen Harbor, then a Ferry to Lamma Island (if it isn't raining) then a Ferry back to Central, then the trolly up to The Peak for dinner. If we are not dead to the world we might hit the TSNM tonight if not, next time!

3 comments:
Awesome pics! Really trying to pack everything in! Such a busy schedule make a trip to LKF in central for a drunk if you have time. :)
Such a busy schedule! Very awesome pictures by the way! Try make a trip to LKF in central fur a drink of you have time.
Beautiful prayer. Thank you for the updates. What an incredible experience for you and the hubby.
Post a Comment