We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ah Hong Kong

So we made if off to the airport yesterday morning.  It was raining pretty hard but we made record time.  The hard part was saying goodbye to Isaac.  He was so sad that we were leaving.  It was heart breaking to sit with him while he cried.  Not something I want to do again.  We took three bags, but if we hadn't packed anything for Jack we could have so gone carry-on-only.  We packed light this trip.  We will see how it works out.


The Cathay Plane was huge compared to the United flights.  I have to say that this was the most comfortable flight I have ever been on.  The service was amazing, the food was actually good, free booze the whole flight, and the in-flight entertainment was second to none.  I HIGHLY recommend Cathay Pacific to anyone flying to Asia.



Yeah that is an actual steak cooked medium, with a seafood salad and the most awesome potatoes I have ever had.


We got to HKG about 30 minutes early.  What a nice airport.  Super easy to find your way around.  Just be sure NOT to bring any sea turtles into the country.  That would be something you would need to declare.


We decided to save some money and take the airport express train.  It was so nice and super cheap.  In the end it dropped us off at the front door of out hotel.


This is the view from our room.  We are right on the harbor and have a perfect view for the light show.  What a nice hotel.  We scored big time with this one.  Thank you Priceline.com


Well we are off to explore for a few hours.  I will be back!

1 comment:

Kelli Bloomquist said...

So glad that you made it! You've convinced us - Cathay all the way. Can't wait to see you with Jack!