We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Friday, September 28, 2012

My hobby is making modo!


Sorry for the delay in the posts.  I won't lie I have been dead tired and all of this is so damn surreal.  Life after the marathon can be harder than the training.  We wait and wait and wait, then bam one day it's done and you have to deal with all the emotions that come with the rush being over.

It's funny thinking back to when Isaac came home,  I think I was in such survival mode being a single mom, far away from family, that I didn't stop to think about how insane adopting an older child really is.  One minute you are alone and the next moment you are married with two!

We have been home for 6 days.  The jet lag is still getting us all, but it is a small price to pay.  The thought hit me this afternoon, "I was in China!"  Holy crap that is amazing.  I saw a place most will never see.  I got to experience a beautiful country, with amazing history, strange culture, great food, and got the most amazing souvenir.


Jack has been doing great.  He is still without incident.  He will try anything food wise (but does NOT like cereal), sleeps all night, is infatuated with our briard Sasha, and is killing it in school. He is like having a really sweet, cute, high pitched voiced kitten around all day.  Isaac is doing well, though I started to see a little jealousy with him today.  I think a mom/Isaac date will have to happen this weekend.  He needs the alone time.


Steve has been working like a maniac trying to catch up on all the missed work and I started at Drexel this week.  My goal is to just make it through the next two weeks (classes, meetings, editing) and things should go back to normal for all.  Jack started school yesterday and came home beaming.  Today he got in the car and kept saying, "oh my God, very very good mommy!"  He is currently in his room singing along to a chinese song on youtube.  Thank you youtube.  We would be lost without you!

Language has been fun.  But everyday his vocabulary doubles.  Tuesday he has his first full english sentence, he said, "My hobby is making modo!"  Now modo isn't a word, but I finally figured out that he was saying, "My hobby is making models!" I adopted a nerd!  YES!

He has so many words and is much quicker to try and speak than he was in China.  I think it is the whole threw him in the deep end and added some sharks to the pool.

I haven't taken many pictures since we got home, but here are a couple.  My husband put it perfectly the other day.  "I have never seen a kid smile so much, if he isn't smiling in a picture it is because he is in-between smiles!"


1 comment:

JJ said...

Glad things are continuing to go well and I hope you are resting up.

Hotel Transylvania at the Movie Tavern is the perfect place for a Mom/Isaac date.

Let me know if you ever take the boys over to Manderach. I'd love to meet you.