
So we arrived at HKG around 1:40pm Hong Kong time. We got our baggage and took the airport express to downtown Kowloon where our hotel is right on the harbor. We have the most amazing view on the planet and did I mention that we only paid $180/night and that includes free breakfast! We are staying at the Salisbury YMCA. Yup you read that right the YMCA. It cost us about $18 to get from the airport to the hotel on the shuttle train and bus. So worth it, since a taxi will cost about $40 each way!



We got cleaned up and took a long walk up and down the famous Nathan road. I'll be honest, Hong Kong is for those that LOVE to shop, and I am NOT one of those people. Neither is Steve. We walked by about a million very high end stores. Of course we were instantly bored. I was looking for the Temple Street night market, but I couldn't find it only to realize later we walked right past it. We will hit it up tomorrow night. It's this cool open air market that opens around 6pm and stays open till around 2am.

Then we found our way back to the water and we strolled The Avenue of the Stars.

Think walk of fame in LA with about 1/8 the # of stars maybe less. They have to really space them out in order to fill the long walk way. But we found the big names. Then we rocked two starbuck's drinks B.O.G.O which was awesome, watched the Harbor light show (total let down) and then went for some Irish Pub food that was WAY over prices, but a nice little comfort moment. I am rocking street food tomorrow. Test the water a bit see what my stomach can and can not handle.
Tomorrow there is a 60% chance of rain, so we are hoping that is wrong so we can hit the giant buddha on the top of Lantau Island.
See ya on the flip side.
This is our Hotel Lobby. They have used beautiful old barn wood to cover all the walls. It is gorgeous!






No comments:
Post a Comment