We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Excuse Me???

What was that???  TWO WEEKS???

This week is insane.  There is not a single day that I won't be running from NY to Philly to Pottstown, rinse, dry, repeat.  This is my last week of summer editing.  After this I go back to being a professor and a mom full-time (until they get so busy again they start sending the hard-drives to my home).


This is what my home office should look like...


This is what my home office actually looks like... But alas it is at home, so I need to shut up and stop complaining.  It allows me to do laundry and vacuum while I render... you can't beat that.


Today we booked our train tickets from Beijing to Guangzhou.  It is a 22 hour overnight train that will leave Beijing at 1:08 pm and arrive in GZ at 10:30 am the next morning.  I am actually really excited.  I have never taken an overnight train before, but have dreamt of hitting the trans-siberian railway, so I figure this is a baby step in that direction.  I figure I would rather be stuck in a moving object, then stuck in an airport waiting for a flight that is 10 hours delayed (this is totally normal and acceptable in China)!


Our agency has confirmed with me 5 times since Friday that I understand that train tickets can NOT be exchanged or reimbursed, so are we sure we really want to do this?  At this point I am doing it just to prove a point.


Also last week we sent a care package with some fresh fruit and a big cake to Jack, only to find out that he has NOT been moved back to the orphanage we want him in.  They had said he would be moved in a few days... well it's been a week.  I am hoping they will move him in the "next few days" or at least by the time we get there.

So there you have it.  We are getting on a plane in 13 days, I am tired, stubborn, stressed, and overwhelmed, but hey that is pretty par for the course when it comes to adoption.  Please come join us, it's a riot!

No comments: