We bring a whole new meaning to "Blended Family"... The story of how we found our way home together.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Careful what you ask for...

So after much pleading and begging, we got an update on Jack.  It only took about 5 weeks to take two  photos of him and tell us that though he has grown 1.5 inches since May he hasn't gained a single solid pound since October 2011.  So when you do the math, a 10 year old boy, 48.5 inches tall and only 45 pounds.  The same amount he weighed when he was 44 inches tall 10.5 months ago... you can imagine what that has done to his "figure".


They have told us that he looks so miserable because the "sun was in his eyes".  We'll go with that story.  I would give my right arm to be on a plane tomorrow, but alas, we must wait.  20 days and counting.  20 days... I have waited 2 years, what is another 20 days.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I know these 20 days can't come fast enough. I'll bet he's a strong, tough kid, and you're a strong, tough mama--you'll be together soon.

mom said...

YIN AND YANG???!!! Good and Bad, Evil and Good?? No!!!! What were you thinking? Cute idea, wrong words.

Brothers Forever. Better. We're a clever family. We can think of better than Yin and Yang...

Jocelyn said...

Mom I love you I really really do, but you need to do your research before you post. Yin & Yang are not good and evil, neither are good, neither are evil... they are light and dark that compliment each other perfectly. In the asian world, it is an honor to be either, because without the other neither can exist! I thought it was pretty clever!

Coleen said...

There is a huge testimony in the days ahead of the Healing Power of Jesus...
Loving your family in prayer...

Life in Fitzville said...

I used to follow your blog, but lost track a few years ago. I am so happy to have found it again. I have an adopted Haitian son with his own medical issues who is also a wrestler...a great sport for these boys who are born warriors!

I am so happy to see all that has happened sine I last read your blog, and I can't wait to follow the story of Isaac's new brother. Congratulations on all your beautiful blessings in recent years!